Search results

1. ToxicBananaFish

Worklog G-Flip (Wii Portable)

There is currently a brief hiatus in the progress of this project, as USB does not seem to work when VGA is enabled. I am encountering a LUA System Error, stating that "topbar.lua" cannot be found (I have checked, the file is indeed in the correct path). I don't know why this problem only exists...
  2. ToxicBananaFish

Question LUA System Error when using VGA

I've only seen one other mention of LUA system errors here in BitBuilt, and it says they were fixed by using higher gauge wiring for USB data, so I just bought some 36awg magnet wire, and I'll try again once it arrives!
  3. ToxicBananaFish

Question LUA System Error when using VGA

I've just recently tackled the VGA for my G-Wii work in progress. When testing with composite, everything works completely fine, but when it is switched to VGA, I get an error saying that topbar.lua could not be found. I've checked the drive and the file is in path that it says it should be in...
  4. ToxicBananaFish

Model G-Wii CAD files

I am having trouble printing the bottom shell for my G-Wii. I've printed it several times and changed several slicer settings, but this one problem always persists. The top of the hole for the left shoulder button will not completely finish printing. I tried my best to get some photos but...
  5. ToxicBananaFish

Solved Why does my Wii turn on without pressing power button?

These are the best I could get. Had to take them through my station's magnifying glass for anything to even be visible, but here are the best I got. And when I say "no life," I mean there are no voltages anywhere but b+
  6. ToxicBananaFish

Update-- Replaced BQ and sadly no life from PMS at all :(
  7. ToxicBananaFish

Okay, thank you so much!
  8. ToxicBananaFish

When I looked that up, I got BQ24292IRGER and BQ24292IRGET. Do you know if there is any real difference between the two?
  9. ToxicBananaFish

As suspected, BQ is definitely blown. I searched the part, but kept getting multiple different results. Is there a link or part number that I can look up for a replacement?
  10. ToxicBananaFish

If it turns out that the chip is dead, will I be able to buy a replacement chip, or will I have to get a new PMS? Regardless, when I get home (currently on day-trip to beach), I'll reconfigure the batteries and hope. The PMS did still give correct voltages, but also after a minute or so of...
  11. ToxicBananaFish

Really? Every G-Wii worklog I've seen says that they used 2s2p (I think); anyways, I'll try that when I get the chance
  12. ToxicBananaFish

Two answer both of your questions: Yes. I really have no idea what's going wrong.
  13. ToxicBananaFish

I just tried to test my trim and battery connections, but when I soldered the wires to the PMS, it instantly turned on and would not turn off when pressing the power button. My first thought was that the btn pin was shorted to ground, but this is not the case, as I tested and got no continuity...
  14. ToxicBananaFish

Solved Will my Wii work after trimming with the pad from the 1.8v regulator being broken?

Alright, thank you so much! It's late (where I am) right now but I just finished trimming the board, I plan to do some testing tomorrow!
  15. ToxicBananaFish

Solved Will my Wii work after trimming with the pad from the 1.8v regulator being broken?

The pad that the built in 1.8v regulator decided to come off of the board with the regulator itself, pulling up a resistor labeled "R1" with it as well. Will my board still be able to work after it's trimmed? This is the best picture I could get.
  16. ToxicBananaFish

Starlight G-Wii (Now with HDMI out & USB GC controller passthrough!)

QUOTE="Stitches, post: 62235, member: 892"] That would be the Analog2HDMI from Electron Shepherd I just realized that you actually already answered this question for me back when I made my worklog (which of course still has no progress; workin on it though, I promise), but thanks!
  17. ToxicBananaFish

Starlight G-Wii (Now with HDMI out & USB GC controller passthrough!)

I realize I am way late to this, but I want to do a similar project with a G-Wii, which will be my first non atrocious laptop portable (got a few to work but they really sucked; didn't even trim the Wiis), and I intend for it to be a prototype for a portable that I will hopefully design myself...
  18. ToxicBananaFish

Okay, so my current plan is to start off with a G-Wii Rev 2 (making sure to include Bluetooth), and I'll have an extra port at the bottom, of which will have at least 12 pins (4 gc controllers, r, g, b, hsync, vsync, gnd, 3.3v, and a pin to receive 3.3v, which will be used to switch from built...
  19. ToxicBananaFish

I want to make something like a Nintendo Switch, but as a Wii Portable. When I say "something like a Nintendo Switch," I'm not referring to the way it looks or feels. I'm referring to the ability to "dock" it for external TV output and support for external GC controllers. I hope for my portable...
  20. ToxicBananaFish

Question Direct LCD drive from Wii

Well I suppose that's the answer that I pretty much expected. Thanks for the super quick reply though!