Search results

1. ShinGoutetsu

Worklog Xbox Mini Case

I'll be sharing the "slim" case stl files after I've done the final test 3d print The OLED is powered by an open xenium modchip variant called the arduinium, there are others that support OLED displays though
  2. ShinGoutetsu

Worklog Xbox Mini Case

Also designed a "slim" case that uses the existing PSU but requires a 2.5" HDD/SSD
  3. ShinGoutetsu

Worklog Xbox Mini Case

assembled, now to test it
  4. ShinGoutetsu

Worklog Xbox Mini Case

Build in progress
  5. ShinGoutetsu

Worklog Xbox Mini Case

I've designed a 2 part version that can be fully printed (top and bottom both in one piece) and has a single OLED on the front. A 10mm round momentary push button can be used in place of the IR eye and xerc2 if preferred and here is a clear case render so you can see how everything fits inside
  6. ShinGoutetsu

Worklog Xbox Mini Case

There is both a cnc and fdm version. They are currently only in beta though. The cnc version will be expensive to make due to the cuts and shape of the parts. The best quote I had was around £1500. If you want to try printing out the beta fdm version the link for download is in my xbox mini...
  7. ShinGoutetsu

Model Xbox Random parts scan

Thanks for these Wesk
  8. ShinGoutetsu

Worklog Xbox Mini Case

After speaking to the CNC company I've had to round off most sharp corners and resubmit the files. Just waiting on them getting back to me with a quote Quick render of the internal layout
  9. ShinGoutetsu

Worklog Xbox Mini Case

Just moved house due to a promotion at work and waiting for my broadband to be installed so will update things once I have that
  10. ShinGoutetsu

Worklog Xbox Mini Case

So I've changed the design slightly. Now the hdd mounts to the underside of the top part which means a startech sata to ide adapter fits much better and means no more annoying hdd bracket. Another full case print in progress which incorporates a few other minor tweaks.
  11. ShinGoutetsu

Worklog Xbox Mini Case

Thanks, there is quite a difference but mainly in size. That's an ATX to XBOX adapter created by a guy in Germany (calls himself N64 Freak on the forums, he's well known for his 1.4ghz 128mb xbox's and various other upgrades). You can find the PCB on dirtypcbs.com and it has the BOM printed on...
  12. ShinGoutetsu

Worklog Xbox Mini Case

So the new PSU arrived today, it's an Inter-Tech mini itx PSU (model 88882190) This claims to output 5v at 12A and can supply up to 200w depending on the AC adapter. This should mean that no filter caps need to be removed as 12A is plenty when running without a DVD rom and using a 2.5" HDD. Will...
  13. ShinGoutetsu

Worklog Xbox Mini Case

Tested the tinted plexiglass faceplates over the OLED displays and the effect is exactly what I wanted, not too bright as to be a distraction and hidden when the console is off
  14. ShinGoutetsu

Worklog Xbox Mini Case

Faceplates have arrived. I forgot to take tolerances into consideration when recreating it in Illustrator so they need a slight sanding around the edges but I will amend the faceplate.dxf so that no one else will have this issue
  15. ShinGoutetsu

Worklog Xbox Mini Case

It was proved working on xbox-scene years ago. You do need to remove 2 or 3 filter capacitors from the xbox mainboard and the bios animation is a bit choppy but it does work. Here's a quote from the thread where it was shown working: "So, when searching for a replacement PSU, wattage does not...
  16. ShinGoutetsu

Worklog Xbox Mini Case

I'll be releasing the design files when I'm happy with it, I won't be selling cases
  17. ShinGoutetsu

Worklog Xbox Mini Case

Quick fitment test with a scrap board. Ignore my awful epoxy skills please. I remade the HDD bracket for a SATA 2.5" drive and Startech SATA to IDE adapter so a 2tb drive will work as long as you use an 80 wire IDE cable
  18. ShinGoutetsu

Worklog Xbox Mini Case

I've redesigned the HDD bracket to accept a Startech SATA to IDE adapter, the HDD now mounts underneath the bracket. There is still room for a modchip below. I've also done various tweaks to the design to allow for this. I have since made the mounting holes and reinforced the bracket. I also...
  19. ShinGoutetsu

Worklog Xbox Mini Case

Size comparison to a stock original xbox Scrap motherboard used just to check alignment and HDD bracket in place. For some reason Cura omitted the rear back screw post :\ I can fix that though. Now to spend another 20 plus hours printing the rest
  20. ShinGoutetsu

Worklog Xbox Mini Case

I'm using an adapter for an existing Pico PSU