Search results

1. Gi0V1Z

Question BQ25895MRTWR Replacement on RVL-PMS v1

Hi everyone, I’ve recently fried the BQ25895MRTWR on my RVL-PMS v1, I’ve bought a new one from AliExpress. I was wondering if it just need to be replaced and soldered in place, or I need to upload something in order to get it fixed?
  2. Gi0V1Z

Question How to use only 1.8V line on RVL-PMS

Hi, I’ve followed your advice and bought a spare of the BQ (link). I think that’s the same part… 1) Could the pinout be different? 2) It’s just a replacement or do I need some programming step in order to get everything working?
  3. Gi0V1Z

Question How to use only 1.8V line on RVL-PMS

Hi, I’ve recently fried my RVL-PMS by inserting the cell backwards :facepalm: I was wondering, since the component visibly fried is the U7, can I still use the 1.8V converter instead of the LDO? I’ve found on the forum were is the 1.8V converter, but I’m not into PCBs, so I don’t get were and...
  4. Gi0V1Z

Solved How to test LDO?

Thank you I didn’t notice that
  5. Gi0V1Z

Solved How to test LDO?

I found the right datasheet of LDO the Wii uses: Solving a simple equation: I need to test the R1 between pins 3 and 4, R2 between pins 4 and GRN on the Wii motherboard. So R1/R2 should be around 0.44
  6. Gi0V1Z

Solved How to test LDO?

Unfortunately that‘s not the datasheet for the LDO the Wii uses. I took a look at the resistor values in Shank's Wii Super Thread's resistor section, and I saw like R1 = 1.125kOhm, but where can I find a diagram to see where this R1 is measured?
  7. Gi0V1Z

Solved How to test LDO?

I found this: Could be right?
  8. Gi0V1Z

Solved How to test LDO?

Thank you for the answer, what voltage should I put in Vin?
  9. Gi0V1Z

Solved How to test LDO?

Hi everyone, I’ve recently fried my PMSv1, so I ordered a PMS-lite, but I noticed the LDO is now required. I was very lucky to find my LDO with other trash components, it’s not in perfect condition so I would like to test it somehow. Do you know how to test it with a multimeter?
  10. Gi0V1Z

Solved Wire MX to 18650?

Ok thank you, I already have a CMOS battery clip, I'll use that.
  11. Gi0V1Z

Solved Wire MX to 18650?

I've 14Ah with my 4 18650 cells, do you think it isn't enough? Do you know if there is a worklog or something like that?
  12. Gi0V1Z

Solved Wire MX to 18650?

Hi, I’m building my first Wii and I thought that if the CR2032 (to power on the MX chip), runs out of battery, I have to open the case to replace the old CR2032 with a new one… To avoid those annoying operations I thought to use directly the 18650 cells (considering the negligible amount of...
  13. Gi0V1Z

Solved Wi-Fi and bluetooth interference

Hi, I'm planning to place Wi-Fi module near the bluetooth one, and i was wondering if the short distance between the modules could cause interference somehow. Could it be?
  14. Gi0V1Z

Question Trimmed Wii won’t boot

Thank you cheese, I’ll remove the wires under the CPU and also the wi-fi, because I tested with my other wii that even with no-wifi patches the wii still boot. The ground wire is the black one on the 3.3V, in couple with the red one.
  15. Gi0V1Z

Worklog The DWii

Thank you Wesk, now it works. I’ll wait for my laptop, cause it’s under repair, then I will complete the 3D models...
  16. Gi0V1Z

Worklog The DWii

Good news, today I tested again my trimmed wii, but accidentally switched the negative and positive wires of the multimeter, and I saw a different read around 2kOhms... So I thought (maybe I’m wrong) that if there really was a short on 3.3V it should always be the same annoying 800-900Ohms of...
  17. Gi0V1Z

Worklog The DWii

I’ll take a look for a new multimeter, maybe on Amazon, in the mean time I took a 1kOhms resistance from a junky pcb, and verified on digikey resistance calculator then I tested it and this is the result: Using XK: Using x10:
  18. Gi0V1Z

Worklog The DWii

If my supposition is true the resistance on 3.3V is around 800-900Ohm, do you agree?
  19. Gi0V1Z

Worklog The DWii

Hello BitBuilt!!! This is my fist project, the DWii, it will have: -7” TFT display (wired with VGA) -Bluetooth -Wi-Fi -MX chip -PMSv2-lite -USB-C PD PCB -U-AMP -GC+ 2.0 -2x LRA vibration motors 2V -4x INR18650-35E 3500mAh 10A 1-35W I had troubles with my first trim, so I asked for help in the...
  20. Gi0V1Z

Question Trimmed Wii won’t boot

Hi everyone, I’m testing the trim of my Wii and it won’t boot, I double checked almost everything. The CPU and the GPU heat up when I turn the system on, also the fan starts spinning, so I guess my USB-C and my PMS are fine, I also see the files in the USB drive when I plug it in my laptop. I...