Search results

1. The Salty Memes

Discussion Screen Compatability

Hello all! I ve been scourgeing the internet for a good big screen and managed to find an old COBY DVD player. From what I've seen online, it has TFT color display, and has composite out for the video output. I have pictures of the DVD player itself with its model number and the driver. I still...
  2. The Salty Memes

USB-C and the BMS

Hello all, My paranoia may be getting the best of me but I need another pair of eyes on this. The USB-C should be in parallel to the power management board(regulators) and be the output of the 2S-BMS. I feel like something about this is wrong... either it's the output of the BMS for it connects...
  3. The Salty Memes

Question Best way to connect 18650 batteries?

Hello all, I want to connect 2 li ion 18650 batteries in series, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I know directly soldering the two with wire is not ideal (risk of battery damage) and I know of a form of welding used to connect the two via a metal strip( However I do not know of the tool nor...
  4. The Salty Memes

Voltage Regulators and Current

Hello all! I hope you are all having a good Easter weekend. I have been having a big issue with the power for the PS2 advanced trim. I currently have 6 voltage regulators (the 12 voltage one is for the screen and driver board and I'm going to decrease that voltage) all in parallel with each...
  5. The Salty Memes

I may have made a mistake

Hello all. I was removing the 2 ICs on the Ps2 79001 model for the advanced trim when I noticed this unsightly beast of a scratch. I really hope this doesn't cause shorts but I'm not sure. What do you guys think
  6. The Salty Memes

Solved Retaining Disc Drive with Ps2 79001 Advanced Trim

(EDIT: I had completly forgotten that it says in the guide that it cannot work, my bad) Good evening all! I was sketching a schematic of my mobile ps2 when I came to the issue of the memory cards and USB. While contemplating their wiring, I had the thought of using the Disc drive instead. I...
  7. The Salty Memes

6.2 inch screen recommendations for a mobile PS2

Hello again everyone, while I am working on my project, I wanted to grab a shopping list of all the parts necessary for this project and one of the issues I have run into is the screen. I am aware that some screens may not be compatible and require another board for the compatibility with the...
  8. The Salty Memes

Worklog TheSaltyMemes' PS2GO

Hello Everyone, I hope all is well. I have been on this website for months now learning a lot about console modifications and other ideas people have discussed with their own projects. Early on I wanted to make a portable PS2 that could fit in a PSP, but that dream has changed. Now I want to...
  9. The Salty Memes

General questions for the dummy that is myself

Hello Everyone! for the past few months I have been trying to create a mobile ps2 on budget (which failed cause I've spent almost 600 on all the materials), and I realized that I do not know where to start on this project. I am aware of the PS2 trimming guide made by @Gman , which is VERY...
  10. The Salty Memes

Raspberry Pi and rom hack emulation

Hello, everyone. I decided to hold off of the portable PS2(as that seems like hell at the moment) and have decided to work with something a lot more simple, a portable raspberry pi. I know that the raspberry pi is capable of emulating games, but I have not seen any accounts of ANY pi being...
  11. The Salty Memes

Different PS2 slim models; which to use for an easy trimming?

Hello everyone! my project at the current moment is shoving a PS2slim into a PSP2001. I was advised from others on the forum that I should look at the ps2 trimming guide provided here, and while it is very helpful, it made me raise more questions on which model I should use. So far, the models...
  12. The Salty Memes

PS2 emulation inside a PSP 2001 ??

Hello everyone! I decided to make a thread about this topic cause I didn't want to infest other threads bout it like a parasite so here I am XD.As of late, i've gotten into coding with the Arduino and visual studios and I wanted to challenge myself with console modding. It was always a dream of...