Search results

1. ScrambledFrequency

Question The Mystery of Nintendo 64 Saves.

Have I ever told you guys about how weird the N64 is? It seems to be picky about everything, including power supplies. If I power the N64 off the conventional N64 Power Brick, there is a squeaking noise while it runs, games randomly freeze, and it saves and loads properly. When I power it off a...
  2. ScrambledFrequency

The Ugly64

Hello everyone! I've finally finished my first foray into the N64 field of portabilizing. And so, I humbly present to you: The Ugly64! Also known as the Freaky64, or the Shocking64, this has quite a few features: Fully functional U-Amp Custom regs setup. Thick and Long-lived batteries...
  3. ScrambledFrequency

Worklog Scrambled's Firsty

Hey all! After a couple of enterprises into the Wii portabilizing scene, I realized I wanted something else to destroy. So I picked the N64. Since this is my first portable N64 I'm just going to keep it simple. I will be using composite video since the N64 Advanced and UltraVGA are both out of...
  4. ScrambledFrequency

Question PIF relocation info?

EDIT= never mind, I found the PIF Circuit. However, I want to do the relocation by simply cutting that section of the board off and simply rewiring it. I know I also need to have those two other IC's, but besides that, are there any resistors or capacitors that I need to relocate?
  5. ScrambledFrequency

Worklog ScrambledFrequency's Wii R&D Thread.

This is a thread I'm making to document my little Wii projects in progress before posting them in their own thread. For now I'm gonna document progress on an OMEGA trim I'm working on. I intended to use the NAND flex boards from 4layer. However, I wrecked both trying to fix some joints that...
  6. ScrambledFrequency

How to add a tagline.

I've noticed that a lot of famous members have a little line such as @cheese 's "the tallest memer in town" and such. I was wondering if there was a way for me to do something like that.
  7. ScrambledFrequency

Question A few WiiHUD questions

I've tried out WiiHUD, and it is awesome. However I was wondering something. It does not seem to work with homebrew, and I have not tried it with VC. Is it supposed to work with everything, or only Wii and GC games?
  8. ScrambledFrequency

Question Where is the custom RTD software?

A while back @BocuD was working on a custom firmware for the RTD2660 display driver. He said he was planning to release the firmware, but it's been a year, so I'm wondering where I could get some custom firmware to get started. Also, how do you connect to the board to flash the chip?
  9. ScrambledFrequency

Where can I get a screen driver with vga for this screen?

I've been poking around BuyDisplay, and I found an awesome screen. THIS SCREEN It looks awesome, but the only problem is I cannot find a driver board with VGA for it. Normally I'd just get @Aurelio 's DirectDrive, but, well, yeah(It's OK, Aurelio). Anyways, I'd just like to get something to...
  10. ScrambledFrequency

Question Anyone got the Code for the UAMP-2 and RVL-PMS-2?

I've been thinking about building a Clone of the UAMP2 and PMS2 as a small side project so I can manipulate the form factor and make them easier to modify. My only question is, where is the code to flash to the chips? I can't seem to find it, and I'm pretty sure it's open source.
  11. ScrambledFrequency

Raspberry pi and uamp?

I was just thinking about this, and I thought I'd ask this out of curiosity. Does the raspberry pi's i2s output work with the uamp? Or does the uamp have a filter that would work with the pwm pins on the pi? Again, this is just curiosity.
  12. ScrambledFrequency

Question Games not working.

I trimmed my wii, and got all the gc+ controls working. However, I have run into a huge problem. Whenever I select a game to play, it transitions to no signal, and nothing happens. This did not happen when the wii was untrimmed, and RVLoader works fine.
  13. ScrambledFrequency

Question Trouble with joycon joysticks

So, I've been working on my portable and the joycon joysticks are acting up. The connections seem to be good, but I am not getting much input on the joysticks. What happens is, all my buttons work fine, but the joysticks will not respond. Sometimes the c stick will randomly twitch onscreen, and...
  14. ScrambledFrequency

Question Weird Loader issue

I have the screen working. The wii is also working. However, when I try to do something(eg run a game, installer, etc) The screen starts flickering.
  15. ScrambledFrequency

Solved Odd screen issue

I have been working on wiring up a screen for testing. I did the 3.3v mod posted on 4layer's site. Nothing is short circuited. The screen's power light comes on and then goes out when I press the power button. I am powering it off an RVL-PMS2.
  16. ScrambledFrequency

Question Weird screen issue

OK, I'll come right out. I have no idea how to wire the screen I have. It is the same one @GingerOfOz did in the Louii. I took a look at the internals, wired up the screen and............nothing. I have confirmed 3.3v going to what appears to be a regulator, and have wired ground to a place on...
  17. ScrambledFrequency

Question PMS-2 No output voltage

I have started working with soldering again and wired up a PMS-2 to my Wii Portable. However, no voltage is coming through the output lines. What do I do?
  18. ScrambledFrequency

SCREENS DATABASE

In portabilizing, one key part always differs from build to build: the screen! However, many talented modders(e.g. GingerOfOz with his WiiBoy color) have built portables with small and exquisite screens. If you have used a screen in a previous build or have found one that you think is a...
  19. ScrambledFrequency

Question NAND relocation questions.

The NAND relocation is becoming more and more popular, and I'd like to try it at some point. However, I have two questions. Can I move the NAND before trimming the Wii? There are some surface mount components. Are they necessary? If so, where do I get them?
  20. ScrambledFrequency

Solved A Few Questions Regarding the New 4layer Store

I just recently found out about the new 4layer website. I love the awesome new products! However, I have a few questions regarding them. If I want to use the PMS-2 and the UAmp-2 on the Wii's I2C interface, how do I do that? I doubt that you could use 2 i2c devices on the same line. Will the...