Search results

1. GingerOfOz

Spencer's Wii X

When Spencer retired from portablizing back in 2020, I happened to live in the same town as him. He sold me a bunch of parts and equipment very cheaply, including a sleek, blue case for a portable Wii that he never got around to finishing. Since 2020, the case has lived in various corners of...
  2. GingerOfOz

Guide How to Trim a Wii (in video form)

When I first got interested in portablizing, the specifics and methods behind Wii trimming and how it worked were some of the more confusing parts for me when I was a complete beginner in electronics. A couple of weeks ago I went ahead and did a 6 hour livestream where I did a thorough...
  3. GingerOfOz

Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] Get Fit - An Exercise In Wasting Time

I am so sick and tired of my YouTube comment section calling me offensive names like "string bean" and "twig-looking-ass". To fix this, I need to get absolutely shredded so that I can beat anyone who calls me names on the internet into a pulp. Wii Fit is obviously the best way to get into...
  4. GingerOfOz

Model Louii Twoii CAD Files

I've updated the Louii CAD files to be compatible with the 4LayerTech suite, as well as a variety of other small features to improve the build. It's 2AM and I'm sleepy, so I'll flesh out this post with more details when I'm not exhausted, but here's a quick rundown. The attached files include...
  5. GingerOfOz

The Nintendo FakeCube

"Nintendo FakeCube" is a terrible name because this thing wasn't made by Nintendo and it isn't fake, but it's what I've been calling it for the last six months and the name has just kinda stuck. Meet my new baby: Features: 480p 5" display through VGA USB-C charging and data transfer...
  6. GingerOfOz

The PS2 Eclipse

This is the PS2 Eclipse. It's your pretty run of the mill PS2 handheld. I started work on this last spring, but didn't take the time to really finish up until a couple of months ago. Features: 5" 480p 4:3 screen PS Vita buttons and switch joysticks, controlled though PS2+ U-amp for...
  7. GingerOfOz

The Wiiboy Color

This is the Wiiboy Color. It's a project I started way back in January, and have been working on it on and off ever since. It's my official entry into the 2020 Summer Building Contest. Features include: 3.5" IPS 4:3 480p screen. Far and away the best screen I've ever put in a portable...
  8. GingerOfOz

[For Sale] Resin Casted GameCube Buttons and Keycaps

Had a lot of fun this last month experimenting more with resin and dyes, but I've got a lot of extra stuff that I have zero plans are. Some of these casts have minor flaws or problems, so I'll try to mention all of them alongside the pictures. Assume that unless otherwise stated, the buttons...
  9. GingerOfOz

Worklog Ginger Does a PS2 Thing

Uncertain what I'm going to title this project, so for now it's just a PS2 thing. I've never had a whole lot of drive to do a PS2 portable, just because I've never had any interest in the games for it. I bought a 79001 off of eBay shortly after Gman released the PS2 trimming guide, but it has...
  10. GingerOfOz

General Tools and Materials Guide

Before this tutorial starts, keep in mind that you should go into this hobby expecting to spend a decent amount of money, at least from the perspective of a high-school/college modder. Your first project will be quite pricey, because you have many investments that need to be made before you can...
  11. GingerOfOz

Worklog WiiBoy Color Worklog

My 3D printer killed itself again and rather than deal with that problem I decided to work on another project. It's still in the early phases, but here's the plan: I've been wanting to do a Wiiboy-esque portable pretty much since I saw the original Wiiboy, and I'm finally getting around to...
  12. GingerOfOz

Secret Santa 2019 Gift Opening Thread

It's that time of the year again. If Santa saw fit to deliver your gift then post it here! I got a sign, but it seems that they misspelled "wah"? My giver is probably dyslexic or something. 10/10 gift, would mildly vandalize a street with it. Except whoever sent it wrote my name on the...
  13. GingerOfOz

WTB: GameBoy Color in Whatever Condition

Howdy. I'm looking for an intact GameBoy Color. Doesn't need to work or look really nice, it just needs to serve as a prop and something for me to take dimensions of. So as long as it has basically all the parts you can see from the outside the shell, that's basically all I need. Let me know...
  14. GingerOfOz

For Sale: Switch Stick Breakout Boards

You can't solder directly to Switch sticks, so breakout boards are needed to be able to use them. I've gone ahead and assembled some extras for people to purchase. For people based in the USA, you can get 2 for $7 shipped. If you live outside of the US, it'll be $5 for 2 plus whatever...
  15. GingerOfOz

Model [OLD DO NOT USE THESE] Louii CAD Files

THESE FILES ARE OLD BAD AND DUMB CLICK HERE TO SEE THE UPDATED FILES THAT YOU SHOULD ACTUALLY USE NOW I've decided to go ahead and release the Louii's CAD files and a rough BOM for anyone who would like to build their own. I've included both the STLs and the Inventor .ipt files so that you can...
  16. GingerOfOz

The Louii

This is the Louii The goal was to capture the beauty and grace of Louie from the Pikmin series, but unfortunately I completely overshot. Features: Beautiful custom molded Switch buttons and joysticks. If you aren't using Madmorda buttons in a portable in 2019 then you'd better be molding...
  17. GingerOfOz

[SOLD] - Ice Blue G-Wii Case

Howdy! I recently picked up a 3D printer, and as a test I printed out a G-Wii case to make sure it prints well. I'm pleased with the results, but I also don't really have any plans to build a G-Wii in the near future so I'm selling the case. I am asking $35 plus shipping for the case. If...
  18. GingerOfOz

Worklog The WaluWiigi 2.0 (final name)

OH BABY IT'S TIME After the original WaluWiigi took the 2017 contest by storm and generated a whopping 3 votes overall, I've decided to duplicate that success with a successor. The WaluWiigi 2.0 is going to take everything I've learned from my past two years in the portbalizing community and...
  19. GingerOfOz

The Waker v2 - Louii Worklog

Over the past 6 or so months, I've put in a lot of time with the original Waker of the Wiind and have been really pleased with how it runs. That being said, it's certainly not perfect, and so since I've got some parts laying around that could use a home I figure I'll revamp the case and tweak...
  20. GingerOfOz

MGC 2019 - The True BitBuilt Experience

So there was a party this last weekend. All 3600 of you were invited but I guess y'all didn't think this was worthy of your attention? Time to prove you wrong. This thread is for any and all images relating to MGC, I just don't want a repeat of last year where the images all got put in a...