Search results

1. jefflongo

Jeff's Ashida Build

I want to start out by giving a huge should out to @Wesk and the 4LayerTech team for making all of this possible and accessible. When I first saw Wesk's Ashida, I knew instantly that I wanted to build one. It is truly a no-compromises portable. I decided to try FDM printing the case, to try out...
  2. jefflongo

GC+ for STM32

For awhile now I've been interesting in implementing something like GC+ to the STM32 platform. I was bored over the school break so I decided to get cracking on this using a NUCLEO-G431KB development board I was using for my Wii Pocket firmware (I will get back to that soon, I promise..). I...
  3. jefflongo

Worklog Wii Portable #2

Name TBA. This portable is a collaboration @mokus which I believe will be the most ambitious and integrated portable yet. The idea is simple - design a compact portable with no wires. The execution, well, that's another story. Over the last few months, I've assembled many various designs, all of...
  4. jefflongo

GCC+

Rebuilt from the ground up on STM32. This was extremely fun to figure out, and I'm looking into adding more features in the future. Proof of working-ness
  5. jefflongo

Wii Pocket

Many of you may remember that I started my second portable awhile back. Well I decided to drop that project and start again from the bottom up this year. I threw out the designs for all the PCBs, I'm starting with a new Wii, and redesigning everything from the bottom up. I'm taking the...
  6. jefflongo

Question Random Resets

I've made two Wii micros now and I've continuously had problems with the first one randomly resetting. It tends to happen during "loading", for example booting a game, changing menus in a game, ect. Sometimes the system runs fine for hours, other times it crashes frequently. Sometimes when it...
  7. jefflongo

STM32 NES Emulator

So I'm taking a microcontrollers class and we need to create a project. Most projects are pretty basic, but my partner and I wanted to go above and beyond. I've always wanted to write an NES emulator, so we decided to write an NES emulator to run on an STM32 microcontroller. We are designing a...
  8. jefflongo

Jeff's Wii Micro

The goal of this project was to create a smaller version of the Wii with minimal cost and labor that I can use for smash tournaments. This was heavily inspired by @Gman so shout outs to him for doing it first. The BOM for this build was $60. It is powered by USB C and a custom regulator board...
  9. jefflongo

Worklog Wii Pocket

Even before finishing my first portable, I decided I wanted to do better. So this will be the successor to my first portable. I plan to keep the same level of functionality while having a cleaner, and smaller product. I dubbed this project the Wii Pocket because it will be one small boi. The...
  10. jefflongo

Audio Amp Recommendations

Hey, I'm currently learning to design custom PCBs. I'm going to integrate an audio amp into my current project and I am trying to decide from the plethora of options online. Anybody have any recommendations? I'm not implementing a headphone jack and haven't decided on speakers; I am just looking...
  11. jefflongo

Discussion Thin Shoulder Button Solutions

I'm looking for a thin solution for shoulder buttons (using dual tact). How have you handled shoulder buttons in your case?
  12. jefflongo

Battery Clips

Has anybody employed battery clips in a project before? What are some good clips to get? How did you design around them to include them in a case?
  13. jefflongo

Board scan Prototype GameCube Controller

I came across a prototype GameCube controller at my local retro game store donated by an developers' ex-wife. I had to have it, so I bought it. It uses an RJ-11 jack instead of a normal GC plug, so I made an adapter and the controller works great. Here's a mini "worklog" of the adapter and some...
  14. jefflongo

Worklog Jeff's Wii Micro

I'm happy that I've finished my portable, but I'm not a huge fan of taking it to smash tournaments. For this reason I've decided to make a Wii micro (inspired by @Gman ). This build will have the following features Trimmed Wii motherboard (retaining the USB and AV out port on the board) Powered...
  15. jefflongo

Jeff's First Portable - :NOGC: Edition

I've been putting off posting this thread because I wanted to make sure there were no issues before I say it's done. After a lot of closing the case and reopening it, all the issues are ironed out. It's done. Worklog Features OMGWTF trimmed Wii motherboard Custom 3D printed case 7.4v 6800mAh...
  16. jefflongo

Post-Christmas Amazon Shopping List

Many people have an abundance of Amazon spending money (myself included) after Christmas. Share any handy tools or other things that have assisted you in portablizing in this thread for others to shop for!
  17. jefflongo

DIY Bench Power Supply

It's probably a pretty simply procedure but anyone have experience with a building a DIY bench power supply? With either adjustable voltages or at least 12v, 5v, 3.3v. Any parts to recommend or possibly even reusing things like the GC daughterboard? Would be a fun/easy useful project for me I think.
  18. jefflongo

Model Jeff's Assortment of Various Models

OVERHAULED 4/17/18 These are models and assets I have made for various projects. Not everyone should have to create the same model over and over again, so I'm sharing all of mine. I use Fusion 360 so I have attached the F360 file, STL, and an image of the part for each item on here. Please feel...
  19. jefflongo

[SOLD] BOM 8.4v Smart Charger

I'm looking to sell this smart charger that's listed in the BOM. It's intended for use with a 7.4v battery setup. I bought two because of batteryspace's outrageous shipping costs but don't have plans to use the second one after all. I'm asking for $23 shipped (in the US). It's brand new in the...
  20. jefflongo

Question Wii is not booting

So I've been working on a 4 layer board and I cannot get it to boot. After troubleshooting, I can't seem to find a problem. Turning the console on results in a black screen, occasionally flickering to the blue no signal screen for a split second. My trim looks fine and I've only wired up the...