Search results

1. Milosonator

Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] Luke's 3rd N64p

Yeah the difference between VGA and composite is huge. We can tell from the pictures but everyone who has seen it in person knows how big of a deal it is, that's why so many folks use these VGA boards to get that pixel perfect output. I've ended up using a 480p screen not just for the...
  2. Milosonator

> It's all so small I didn't see it until I took the picture that some of them seemed to turn out better than others Ah yes, I actually often use my phone to snap a picture, then zoom in on that as 'cheap microscope'. Some phones have pretty good macro abilities and if you have plenty of light...
  3. Milosonator

I would consider using thinner wires for those signal wires, like 34-awg (ish) enameled copper wire. Also looks like you doubled up those ground leads? Not sure if that's needed (I really dislike soldering 2 wires to one pad). Also some of those might be a bit cold, give them a good tug to...
  4. Milosonator

Worklog The 64ME BOY

Really nice to see you're taking inspiration from the M-Boy (which is DMG and GBoy inspired) :). I think also on mine, in the end, OEM buttons would have worked quite well since they will be much better proportioned than the DSL buttons. I was mostly focussed on keeping the design 'thin' and for...
  5. Milosonator

Worklog Nintendo GAME BOY 64 (M-Boy)

Good question: It's hidden! When I was a kid, we played a lot of N64 games, and I never used it in my life. Nevertheless, some games may need it and the N64 advanced has some button-press combinations to bring up the menu, so I mapped it to 'analog stick pressed'. Having Z and R mapped to the...
  6. Milosonator

Thanks. The thermals, well I'm not totally sure to be perfectly honest. I've browsed a lot around to find out what the thermal situation is around the N64, it seems overheating is quite rare.. There is some convection going on after the N64 warms up a little bit, I feel the heat coming out the...
  7. Milosonator

Reserved post for the WIP story and pictures. This is where is starts: The original Nintendo GAME BOY The timeline is a bit messed up, because there was no fixed order in which I did things for the most part. Here is one of my original tests: the PAL N64, N64 PMS, some cheap composite...
  8. Milosonator

Hey Everyone, This is a retroactive worklog of building my "Nintendo GAME BOY 64" which I call the: M-Boy. It's probably unnecessary to mention: but my inspiration came from the amazing G-Boy that got me into this hobby. Moreover, the design is heavily inspired by the original Game Boy and of...
  9. Milosonator

G Boy still hasn't shipped, Noah has stopped responding to emails

Try to contact Noah for a refund here by sending him a DM on the forums.
  10. Milosonator

Question Looking for screens for a wii portable

480p 3.5" with VGA input: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000517683156.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.d8782e0eWsCtUU 240p 3.5" with VGA input (same one as in the gboy)...
  11. Milosonator

Solved Trying to Power a Raspberry Pi and 5" LCD Screen with 1 Battery

Maybe you can test how much power each of the components consume individually with a multimeter, and also individually how much power the booster can supply. My theory is that that converter cannot actually supply 3A @ 5V, but also your components can draw more than 3A (peak). Looking at the...
  12. Milosonator

Portables on Airplanes?

Yes I've done it a couple of times. Nothing weird about it, some people look a bit more curious at it than others. But most of the time, people (in general) are too occupied with themselves to care about what others are doing. Highly recommended, great way to pass the time.
  13. Milosonator

Worklog [̶2̶0̶2̶1̶ ̶C̶o̶n̶t̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶E̶n̶t̶r̶y̶]̶ Worklog: The KiWii Portable

I'm more in for fruit. That sweet green juicy fruity flesh!
  14. Milosonator

Raspberry Pi Portable Questions

Aren't those just plug and play USB devices? So just plug them in with a USB adapter would be my best guess.
  15. Milosonator

Guide N64 Advanced VGA

I've figured out the issue: the screen I was using (The 240p 3.5" G-Boy display) is not able to display PAL 576 wide VGA signals. It displays fine on my Dell 24" IPS. I've also secured an NTSC N64, and tried the N64A with that. That does work correctly on the 3.5" G-Boy display (and also on my...
  16. Milosonator

Guide N64 Advanced VGA

I've tried it with the 3.5" 240p screen that also came with the G-Boy. I wanted to try it with the wisecoco 3.5" 480p screen, but mine was DOA and the seller refuses to help me so /shrug (bought it from another seller, not wisecoco directly). I am currently setting up another display to see if...
  17. Milosonator

Guide N64 Advanced VGA

I've been having issues getting mine to work. I don't think I knew this, so I will try again with this perhaps. Do you know anything about VGA compatibility, like particular screens that you know definitely work or do not work?
  18. Milosonator

Question Replacement N64 analog stick with PS2 or PS3 analog stick

I was planning to try this: https://github.com/jtryba/atmega328-N64-controller
  19. Milosonator

Question Wii projet no video

Mmh looks like a 6 layer board, not too sure about those. I don't have the knowledge to determine whether the wiring makes sense. Might wanna check your resistances. Do the chips get warm when you power it up? I see the LDO is still there, not sure if that is supposed to be like that. Is it just...
  20. Milosonator

Discussion N64 Motherboard Exchange

If it could easily work for PAL region boards, I'd be more than happy to beta test the trimming guide and report any issues I might have. I checked my motherboard and compared it to NUS-CPU-1, couldn't detect any major differences around U8 or other significant chips. Updated my earlier post...