Search results

1. TropicPug

2021 Contest Entry: TropicPug's WiiFicial

It’s starting to all come together! I’ve had issues with the screen, so it’s outputting 576i rather than 480p, which isn’t a big issue, since you can’t run PAL GameCube games in 480p ;( Audio and controls are working, I’m just waiting on some Wii remotes to fill in the power buttons and others...
  2. TropicPug

Question Wii VGA Resolution Issues

Hi all, Been having issues with wiring up VGA to my portable. When VGA is enabled, the image is dramatically too small horizontally, and looks incredibly squished. 480i signal over AV becomes extremely shaky, awful and really hurts the eyes. I haven't messed around with any of the LCD board...
  3. TropicPug

Question Questions regarding the G-Boy

You could either wait for a rerelease, but then again, some parts may be different since it’s a new version, so there might be a change in positioning of screw posts or something that makes it hard to use. Maybe sand down the shell, fill/prime it and paint it with skin-safe / heat safe paint to...
  4. TropicPug

Monday 9th August Finally got the printer up and working. turned over the bed, set up a BLTouch module and it seems to be nice and level! I did some test prints and found that some parts of my shell were just too small and needed to be modified so that they didn't snap off so easily (button...
  5. TropicPug

Question Wii Portable Questions

I don't think that will fit for the G Wii, you could cut it down to the right size? My heatsink for the G Wii was 8mm and fits ok.
  6. TropicPug

Question Questions regarding the G-Boy

1). The G Boy shell is not open source, but there's ongoing work to re-release it possibly? Then again, that isn't a guarantee. The G-Wii is open source and could be a good alternative, or maybe the Louii? 2). You can buy the PCBs from 4layertech, or assemble them yourself given they are open...
  7. TropicPug

Question Case design

If you're printing 2/3 prints per month, maybe it's best to find a second hand brand name printer such as an Ender 3 or CR 10? Over time, commissioning prints would end up more expensive, make sure you watch out for printer fumes though!
  8. TropicPug

Hi all, I got some more modelling done today, I've done the button and joystick holders as well as the front of the shell. I'll get some more done tomorrow hopefully. EDIT: I ought to note, that the Wii boardmodelled here was not my own work, it was from Jeff's Assortment of Various Models...
  9. TropicPug

Hi all! Got some more done today. Modified the driver board to allow for a 3.3V input and removed a load of capacitors to make it thinner (massive thanks to Aurelio for helping me and Benge for showing the board on his O-Wii portable that I could see and mimic). I designed an enclosure for...
  10. TropicPug

Thanks Luca for the link. I love the look of JacksonS's portable and I hope mine comes out as well as his did! I've been doing some 3D modelling to fit the buttons of a Wii Classic controller into my portable. I really dislike theGameCube controller button layout and sticks and honestly...
  11. TropicPug

Hi all, It's been a while but I'm finally back and ready to design the portable. Introducing the WiiFicial: The Wii portable that might hopefully look official Design Specification and Justification: - Look as much like an official product as possible. - The Wii was the console me and my...
  12. TropicPug

Hi all, Planning to make another portable over the summer since school term ends in a few weeks once I've finished the G Wii I was working on (just have the assembly left to do). :) This is just a placeholder thread until then, having a bit of a think about designs and I'll start work-logging on...
  13. TropicPug

AVEflex: Wii AVE Relocation FPC

Awesome! Looking forward to giving these a go :)
  14. TropicPug

Question Trimmed Wii Won’t Boot RVL 40

Tried sanding at an angle repeatedly, the resistance on the 3v3 line is still ~180ohms. Have no clue what’s gone wrong with this board, everything else seems fine.
  15. TropicPug

I tested and the U10 3.3V and Via are not shorted to GND, has a 3.3V input and has all three pins at the back connected to ground. I’m using 38 gauge wire which worked perfectly for my other working trimmed motherboard.
  16. TropicPug

Worklog Beginner Project - The Wii ToU

Hi all! Realised that the Wii was too large to fit inside the shell, so I needed to trim it again. Went through the process of sanding and trimming and got it booting, and now it fits in the case. This is because, unbeknownst to me, the G Wii requires a smaller trim than the normal OMGWTF trim...
  17. TropicPug

I sanded both ways, I’ll try chamfering it a bit more and see if that helps :)
  18. TropicPug

Yep, I rewired that afterward, still have the issue.
  19. TropicPug

Hi all, found my issues. I’ve sanded the board down again as per recommendations and the sides are now silky smooth, but I’ve made no progress, with 176ohm resistance between 3v3 and GND. I tried trimming down the board a bit more and sanding again, to no avail. I also tried reconnecting the...
  20. TropicPug

Hi all, Checked out an old board I had and wanted to see if I could get it up and running! Sadly it is not working! :C The chips heat up and a signal is detected by the screen (the screen goes a dark grey rather than staying blue). I have tried: Wiring video to a different av. (distorted...