Search results

1. ttabbal

Worklog Starting an Ashida

Well, damn. You nailed it, 0.6 ohm now. I could have sworn I checked before adding the PMS, but I must have missed it. Guess I need to figure out WTF I did. There was not an issue when the board was bare, so it has to be something I did. I don't suppose there are pics showing all the 3.3v...
  2. ttabbal

To be clear, this is a PMS Lite. I made another go with both cells, reading 4.1v each. If I connect 3.3v to nothing, a voltmeter reads 3.3v on power up. If I connect everything other than the wii, 3.3v is stable. If I connect the wii, with or without the rest, the 3.3v line reads about 100mV...
  3. ttabbal

Got some pics. I have 3.3v just connected to a wire for now so I could connect the various 3.3v loads individually.
  4. ttabbal

Thanks. I was testing with just one cell, but I did charge them up with an R/C charger to make sure they were good to go. I'll do all testing with both cells going forward. Before charging the fan would stop after a few seconds, and reading suggested that it might be due to low battery. I did...
  5. ttabbal

So, back to it. I got the PMS in and it seems to work. However, I have trouble with the 3.3v rail. Seems like it might be drawing enough power to trip the overload. I connected everything except the wii board and it runs the screen and Ashida boards fine. So I'm guessing there might be a short...
  6. ttabbal

Ashida Wii Portable

https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-definitive-wii-trimming-guide.198 Toward the bottom of the page is the info for the wifi relocation. I'm not bothering at the moment, but it should be possible to get it in there. If you have the modified firmware, I guess it's not required.
  7. ttabbal

4Layer Product Line Update

Awesome! Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm excited to get back to my project as this was the last part I needed. I got a tracking number yesterday, so it should be soon. It sucks that there were issues slowing you up, but stuff happens.
  8. ttabbal

cut too deep?

Little tip for cutting with a rotary tool. Let the tool do the work. Do not push on it trying to make it go faster. Just hold it steady and in contact with the work. It will grind through without help. Practice on the leftover PCB from the wii, after getting whatever you want to keep off the...
  9. ttabbal

Question Help with Wii

Read the whole thread for the Ashida. Then read the whole Wii trim guide. Then read them again. Read the tools and materials thread. Search the forum for things like "ashida" and read all the worklogs. They are seriously helpful. You get to see things people ran into and how they fixed it. The...
  10. ttabbal

Mine was DHL as well, but every shipper has packages get messed up sometimes. Sucks when it's yours, but hopefully they fix it quickly for you.
  11. ttabbal

Most of the wiring is done, other than the power board. They aren't expected for a while still, so I'll have to wait. I can get the MX battery and the rumble installed now, but other than that it's all the PMS. Overall, I would recommend the build, it's been fun and reasonably straight forward.
  12. ttabbal

That's not good news. Sorry to hear that. I hope they will make it right for you. I know lots of people have had them print cases and they turned out good. I know some were resin SLA prints, mine was nylon SLS and I think there has been at least one other using that. You should post a thread...
  13. ttabbal

Ashida Wii Portable

Is the GC+ MP line connected to anything on the Ashida board? I would like to wire up a Switch rumble motor and it looks like I just need to connect it to M+/-, jumper LRA, and MP to 3.3v?
  14. ttabbal

With shipping, about $130 USD.
  15. ttabbal

JLCPCB did a great job on the case. This is in SLS nylon, they only had a dark grey/black color, but it looks great and has a light texture to the surface. I'd guess it feels like about 800 grit sandpaper. Comfortable to hold, but with a very solid grip. If you are going to paint, it would...
  16. ttabbal

I decided I'm going to try a pro print for the case, Nylon SLS, so I have to wait for that to come in. In the mean time, trimmed the wii... Turned out better than I expected, that Dremel wheel really chews up the PCB.
  17. ttabbal

I've got the parts ordered, though I do have to wait for the PMS from 4Layer. No big deal, I'll start the case... Turns out, the supports didn't quite take, probably something was off on the printer. Overall, it looks good though, particularly the outside. The rough areas are where supports...
  18. ttabbal

Louii "kit" [SOLD]

I might be interested. Just depends on what you are looking to get for it. Feel free to switch to PM if you prefer.
  19. ttabbal

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Greetings. I recently discovered the idea of Wii portables and had to try it. I'm looking forward to a lot of reading around here.