Search results

1. CrazyGadget

Worklog CrazyGadget's First N64 Portable - NSight64

I've been doing Wii portables for quite some time now, and I've been starting to feel the monotony of the builds crushing my soul. I've been wanting to branch out into other consoles for quite some time now, but so many other projects have taken priority.... until now! This first post spans over...
  2. CrazyGadget

PSU-Plus Official Release

The PSU-Plus is the spiritual successor to Noah's RVL-PSU, designed for ease of assembly and versatility across many micro-type builds. Like it's predecessor, the PSU-Plus has 1V, 1.15V, 3.3V and 5V regulators. Where the PSU-Plus differs is the addition of a 1.8V regulator for builds that...
  3. CrazyGadget

[SOLD] 2 RVL-PSUs ($40 each)

Hey gang, I found 2 more original RVL-PSUs while digging through my stuff, so here they are! Price per board is $40 + shipping (usually $5 for USPS First Class). Payment through PayPal Friends & Family.
  4. CrazyGadget

Black Nylon GC Micro, HDMI Edition (by Wesk)

After a long night of building with @GingerOfOz, this is one of two builds I completed on his stream! Features: Barrel jack for 9V or 12V DC input HDMI out via AVE-HDMI PSU-Plus for power (to be fully revealed soon™) JLC SLS shell + MJF controller plate Transparent resin-printed power button...
  5. CrazyGadget

WTB Non-Functional Wii Trims

Hello! As many people here know, I have a soft spot for buying broken things and trying to make them work again. Being very active here on the forums and in the Discord server, I've seen a lot of Wii trims gone bad - sliced NAND traces, gouges around the board leading to shorts, etc... In any...
  6. CrazyGadget

CrazyGadget's Ashidas (So Far)

Like with my last post, all of these builds are from a little while ago, but I never posted them anywhere except quick shots on Discord. I have built 3 Ashidas so far, and intend on making many more! MY ASHIDAS This first one kind of came into my lap without me looking for it. Someone on the...
  7. CrazyGadget

WiiVision

It's been a little bit since I built this, but it's been pointed out to me that I've never made a Cutting Edge post for any of my builds, so I suppose here is a good place to start! The WiiVision Funny story about this one: I originally had bought a bunch of parts to design my own custom...
  8. CrazyGadget

SOLD Ashida With Case & Charger For Sale ($900)

Hey guys, I wrapped up this Ashida a couple months ago and after play testing it since then, I feel it's ready to leave my hands. Included with the Ashida is an Anker PowerPort Atom PD1 charger and Anker Powerline II C-C cable, as well as a hardshell carrying case. Tech Specs: 2x Samsung 50E...
  9. CrazyGadget

Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] CrazyGadget's First Atari 2600 Portable: The 2600-Boy

Oh, how I've been waiting for this day to come... Since I joined BitBuilt back in 2020, I have built many Wii portables... and that's all I've built! While I have had the urge to delve into the N64 and PS2 (which I may or may not have at-the-ready), something about portable Wiis has just...
  10. CrazyGadget

Wii Trimming Service

Hello fellow BitBuiltonians! Need a Wii trim done for a build? Perhaps I can help! I currently have a good amount of Wiis on my hands, and I would love to be able to help out those who would rather not (or can't) trim their Wii mobo. Here's the list what I'm offering with some more detailed...
  11. CrazyGadget

RVL-PMS1, U-Amp1, GC+2.0 (non-4Layer version), Screen Control PCBs For Sale

Howdy fellas! I just got back from college and decided to do some late spring cleaning, plus I need some funds for the summer competition (which is hopefully happening soon), so here's some stuff I'm looking to let go of (available quantity is in parenthesis): (0) RVL-PMS1: SOLD (2) U-Amp1: $15...
  12. CrazyGadget

NO LONGER FOR SALE - READ UPDATE - RVL-PSUs For Sale ($40 each)

Update 2/16/23 I am no longer assembling the original RVL-PSU. I have designed my own version of it that fits the same footprint, but incorporates readily-available in-stock parts. In addition, this new PSU (tentatively dubbed the PSU-Plus) will include a 1v8 regulator, as a few micro builds...
  13. CrazyGadget

SOLD Orange G-Boy Rev 3 With Case & Charger For Sale ($1000)

Hey guys, I wrapped up this G-Boy recently and after play testing it for a while, I feel it's ready to leave my hands. Included with the G-Boy is an Anker PowerPort Atom PD1 charger and Anker Powerline II C-C cable, as well as an Apache 1800 hardshell carrying case. Tech Specs: 2x Samsung 35E...
  14. CrazyGadget

SOLD Blue G-Boy Rev 3 With Case & Charger For Sale ($1000)

Hey guys, I wrapped up this G-Boy last week and after play testing it since then, I feel it's ready to leave my hands. Included with the G-Boy is an Anker PowerPort Atom PD1 charger and Anker Powerline II C-C cable, as well as an Apache 1800 hardshell carrying case. Tech Specs: 2x Samsung 35E...
  15. CrazyGadget

Worklog Reviive - PPI Portable Brought Back From The Dead (CrazyGadget Takeover)

So, a couple years ago, I got burned by buying a busted PortaPackit unit off eBay in the hopes that I could fix it on the cheap and have a decent portable to play around with (my very first!). Alas, when I opened it up, it turned out to be a bomb (see: WARNING: DO NOT BUY FROM PORTAPACKIT!!!)...
  16. CrazyGadget

SOLD Red G-Boy Rev 3 With Case & Charger For Sale ($1000)

Updated the price to what I feel is a little more reasonable (was $1250, is $1000 now) Hello friends! As some of you know, I recently built a G-Boy alongside CrashBash in a YouTube stream. For those who haven't seen it, check it out! I built this thing in a single 9 hour build session, and...
  17. CrazyGadget

Ghosts The Graveyard: Show Us Your Dead Trims!

This thread is not for those with weak stomachs... I want to see all the botched trims out there! Whether it was your first time or your hundredth. Maybe your dremel jumped, maybe you broke some pins off your NAND, maybe you destroyed a critical via! No shame in that, everyone makes mistakes. I...
  18. CrazyGadget

2021 Contest Entry: Crazii

Attention all BitBuilt Gamers! My name is CrazyGadget, and this will be my second Wii portable, though it will be my first design from scratch! I have slowly been amassing parts over time, and have been putting a good deal of thought as to what exactly I want in my portable. Here is what I have...