Search results

1. Worklog Some sort of a G-Wii

would it be bad if I sanded into what I think is the tantalum cap? do I need to remove these?
  2. Worklog Some sort of a G-Wii

Well, I've been lurking on these forums for a couple years now and finally decided I wanted to make something. I have no real experience with working with electronics and soldering, but it will definitely be fun to learn. I started off by trying to find a design/shape I would want my portable to...
  3. Worklog The Sandwiich

This looks pretty sweet!!! For your second Wii board, that you said everything looked good on, are you sure it's the Wii and not the screen? have you confirmed that the screen will display a VGA or composite signal from a known working source?
  4. Solved Wii Portable Parts?

thanks sunny. I checked and my wiis have 4 layer boards. I have asked around on the discord server and have gotten answers to questions 1, 3, and 4 1. the copper plate should be the thinnest that online metals sales and since I can only order in inches, to be 35x70mm, I would need it cut to be...
  5. Solved Wii Portable Parts?

hey, I'm kind of new to this. I have been reading the threads here for a long while and feel that I am ready to start building my own Wii portable. I have never used a soldering iron before, but I am ready to learn. I need to get the parts to start building it. I Don't think I own anything...
  6. BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hello! I have been searching through these forums for a very long time and finally feel I am ready to build my own Wii portable. I have never held a soldering iron but I will learn.