Search results

1. Tron

Worklog WiiVision XT

I finished the WiiVision XT. Everything is working except for the rumble motor. I temporarily disabled it because it comes on for a couple of seconds every time the WiiVision boots up, and for some games, it comes on a lot. Here are some photos of the finished WiiVision XT. Here is a photo...
  2. Tron

Worklog WiiVision XT

I just wired up a joycon rumble motor to the GC controller, 5V to the MP, and connected the LRA pads. The rumble motor works in the button tester but it also rumbles for a couple of seconds every time I power on the Wii portable. Is that normal?
  3. Tron

Worklog WiiVision XT

That was it. Wiring up HPS to ground turned on the sound. Thanks, Gman!
  4. Tron

Worklog WiiVision XT

It's been a while since my last update. Thanks to Aurelio who helped me solve a weird problem with the Joycon joysticks where the left and right directions are flipped. Right now, all the buttons are wired up and working. My custom-design analog triggers seem to be working as well and have a...
  5. Tron

Worklog WiiVision XT

After numerous iterations, I finally arrived at a design that fits everything in but only slightly larger than Gman and Shank's original WiiVision. I even shaved off a few mms from the initial case design in my original post. The current design is only 3 mm taller and 5 mm wider than the...
  6. Tron

Question What material is best?

I also recommend PLA. I find PETG to be more troublesome to print and it tends to be more stringy which can generate a lot more work for post processing.
  7. Tron

RetroBlock2

Awesome work. Also, I watched your video. You are very good at explaining things. For the 3D printed case, was it done by a FDM printer or SLA resin printer?
  8. Tron

Question U-AMP mod for WiiHUD Compatibility?

Got it. I thought you had a way to switch between the screen control and volume control.
  9. Tron

Question U-AMP mod for WiiHUD Compatibility?

How do you “have the screen control up/down buttons double as the volume control buttons as well”?
  10. Tron

First G-Boy attempt and first problems... will probably need a lot of help and support...

The source button changes which source of video input (composite vs vga) the lcd displays. Checking the VGA option during BBLoader install will not prevent the trim board outputting composite signal until you connect the mode pin on the AVE to the 3.3v.
  11. Tron

Question Gc+2.0 help

You need to move both sticks in the Stick Wizard. Make sure when you move each stick you don’t let go of the stick, i.e., move to the right and move counterclockwise without releasing the stick in between.
  12. Tron

Question Gc+2.0 help

If moving one stick causes GC+ to register a movement of the other stick, it’s possibly caused by you moving the other stick, when using the stick wizard, while configuring the first stick.
  13. Tron

Worklog WiiVision XT

After having built a WiiVision (thanks again Gman et al), I've decided to make an updated version which I'm calling WiiVision XT. In this update, I plan to incorporate the USB-C PD + Internal USB PCB, simplify the types of buttons used, switch the X & Y buttons to match the gamecube controller...
  14. Tron

Worklog WiiVision Build

Thanks, Gman. I’ll put some kapton tape on the batteries. On a related note, if you are talking about the nick on the right battery, that’s actually from accidentally touching it with my soldering iron. ☹️
  15. Tron

Worklog WiiVision Build

I just completed my build of the WiiVision. It runs both GameCube and Wii games beautifully. I relocated the MX chip and the CR2032 battery is tucked away underneath the USB breakout board. This is my first portable and I tried to keep the wiring neat and solder points clean. But there's...
  16. Tron

Question 5" BB screen wiring question(s).

If you are asking about wiring for signal lines (in addition to power and gnd) then that’ll depend on whether you are using composite (1 wire) or VGA (5 wires). You can find this information in the definitive trimming guide. Without specifying which screen pcb you are using and without a...
  17. Tron

Worklog WiiVision Build

Thanks. I’ll replace them with smaller gauge wires.
  18. Tron

Worklog WiiVision Build

Thanks, Aurelio! In the meantime, I've been trying to cleaning up my wiring to the GC+. I 3D designed and printed some wire guides to keep the neat and in place.
  19. Tron

Worklog WiiVision Build

But how can I get past the last stage of the Stick Wizard so I can remap the x-axis for the two sticks?
  20. Tron

Worklog WiiVision Build

I’ll measure the voltage but to clarify the button monitor does pick up the movementS (both x and y for both sticks). The x-axis is reversed, I.e., when you move the stick to the left the monitor shows the movement to the right.