Search results

1. LUMP PUMP

Discussion BBLoader issue log. (old, no longer used)

RVLoader Version: RVLoader 1.0 Description of Issue: GC2Wiimote is not working for some games. It's perfectly compatible with Cave Story + and Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, but it doesn't seem to accept inputs in Rhythm Heaven Fever and Skyward Sword. Pictures of Error: n/a, varies with...
  2. LUMP PUMP

LUMP_PUMP's G-Boy worklog (first portable)

Okay, so this project is still alive. I measured the resistances on my motheboard, and they were lower across the board compared to charts in the guide thread. I've decided to get another board since I seemed to have messed up the trim so I'd rather start again and learn from my mistakes. I get...
  3. LUMP PUMP

I finished up wiring the wii to the rest of the components, but it failed the trim test. (I also tried changing the source on the LCD) I tried cleaning up the nand before soldering it, but some of the solder wouldn't come out from it. I tried testing for continuity between the legs with solder...
  4. LUMP PUMP

After rewiring the ground wire for the fan to the pad just to the right of the voltage wire, I tested it and realized it didn't work. I took another look at the guide, and it seems like the ground for the usb-c board is wired just above the voltage for that board in later pictures in the guide...
  5. LUMP PUMP

The wiring for the LED indicator is finished, (I opted to wire this first since I hit a snag wiring LCD power). I made a post in the G-Boy questions section about this already, but both of the pads that the LCD ground wire are soldered to on the guide are already being used on my build (I've...
  6. LUMP PUMP

Wiring ground for VGA power

On the G-Boy guide, the pictures show the ground wire soldered to 2 different pads on the PMS. One of the pads is already being used for ground for the usb-c pcb, and the other pas is being used for the fan ground on my build. Should I rewire the fan ground, or is it okay to have both of them on...
  7. LUMP PUMP

Finished wiring the power button and power to usb pd! soldering the 22awg wires is a bit of a pain and i scuffed up the case a bit, but I'm starting to get the hang of soldering in such a compact space. Luckily, the fan works when turned on too. On to wiring the LCD!
  8. LUMP PUMP

Wii trim officially finished! hopefully bridging those pins on the nand is okay, or else I'm in trouble lol. Other than that (thanks nicholas298 and stitches) everything else went smoothly, so i should be ready to work on the G-boy proper from here on out.
  9. LUMP PUMP

It doesn't look like pin 6 doesn't seem to be working, but pin 7 looks fine. At least I'm not gonna need a new motherboard but still, :{
  10. LUMP PUMP

Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the components of the motherboard. Here's the other side
  11. LUMP PUMP

Here's a closer picture
  12. LUMP PUMP

Finished trimming the motherboard, and I wanted to share my trim here before I do anything else with it, to make sure it isn't too scuffed up. In the meantime, I'll be wiring the power and usb pcb.
  13. LUMP PUMP

Now that the semester is officially over, BBLoader is out, and my G-Boy kit has arrived, it's the perfect time to start working on my G-Boy. Since this is my first portable, I've decided to start a worklog thread so hopefully more experienced members of the forums will stop me from doing...
  14. LUMP PUMP

G-Boy software installation

I have a Wii that I'm just about ready to trim for my G-Boy, but I don't have BitBuilt Loader installed on it. I do have Portablize Mii installed, but neither of the power or av cables for the console. Should I find some cables and install BBLoader or go ahead with the trim?
  15. LUMP PUMP

Go Ahead With Trim/PortablizeMii Install or Wait?

Probably gonna start my trim tomorrow cos of this thread. (Or today I guess, im a bit of a degen.)
  16. LUMP PUMP

How does the G-Boy work with games that use the wiimote

Interesting. I'll keep that in mind while I'm building my G-Boy.
  17. LUMP PUMP

How does the G-Boy work with games that use the wiimote

I actually had a question similar to this. Is it possible to have pointer functionality for wiimotes? Or would you have to go the route of holding up 2 lighters and point a wiimote at them?
  18. LUMP PUMP

Multi-Purpose wire for G-Boy wiring?

Thanks for your advice guys, and sorry for the stupid question. I'm still new to electronics.
  19. LUMP PUMP

Multi-Purpose wire for G-Boy wiring?

I'm trying to get materials together to build a G-Boy, but I'm also on a budget. The store page for the kit recommends 3 different kinds of wire, but that sounds more expensive than I'd like it to be. Can any experienced modders recommend one type of wire that I should use throughout the...
  20. LUMP PUMP

Discussion Ideas, questions, etc, Post em here!

Alright, thanks! that brings the cost down a bit.