Search results

1. Schmeeker

Worklog Creamsicle G-Wii rev 2 "Shwii" Worklog

Fantastic! Thank you! Crap. By 1S, you mean all the batteries need to wired individually to the pads? Okay. Thank you, that would have been bad, especially considering how hard it would be to find a replacement. In order to test the PMS, would I need to charge the batteries with a USB-C cable...
  2. Schmeeker

Hello everyone! Sorry for being the deadest thread of all threads, but my life has been... somewhat insane lately. I re-did all of the connections and am really pleased with how they came out! I was a little confused as to how I was supposed to wire up the batteries, but I tried it anyway. At...
  3. Schmeeker

Wow, I haven't come back here in a while. Sorry to bump this dusty old thread, but I just wanted people that I haven't given up entirely, I just took a break. I did not expect my life to get as hard as it did. Thank you so much for your contributions everyone and I'll be back with a progress...
  4. Schmeeker

I'm back again, and I unfortunately have barely progressed. I re-did the PMS wiring and I'm way happier with it now. However, when I taped up a battery and pressed the power switch, all I got was a faint, high-pitched noise that stopped when I released the power button, and then I couldn't...
  5. Schmeeker

Hello everyone! Sorry for the big gap in between updates. I've been really busy lately, but I've done some work on my portable! Specifically, I trimmed my Wii motherboard... Used a grinder on my heatsink to make it nice and level... And did the worst soldering ever done by man! I'm 100% going...
  6. Schmeeker

Thanks again, cheese!
  7. Schmeeker

Question Wii Portable Questions

Thanks so much, cheese! Does that mean that I don't need to remove U5 or any of those components either? Do I still need to remove the LDO? I put my worklog with all my building-related questions here. Thanks, Schmeeker
  8. Schmeeker

DAY 1: Hello everyone! I've been planning to make a G-Wii all summer and now... I'm finally starting! Quick shoutouts: @Gman for... everything @Kranimations_YT for the BOM @CalebPikmin for THEIR BOM ... Basically, if you've ever linked a part on BitBuilt, I want to shoutout to you. You're all...
  9. Schmeeker

Worklog Just another G-Wii (that im crazy proud of)

Yep, that answers my question. Thanks!
  10. Schmeeker

Worklog Just another G-Wii (that im crazy proud of)

Nice. This looks really, really cool. I have a quick question though, where did you get the lining for the screw posts on the front of the board? Also, do they have a name that isn't "screw post lining?" This looks super cool and clean.
  11. Schmeeker

Thanks, I'll see if I can trim it. I have another quick question, sorry. I read that the new RVL-PMS 2 has built-in U10 emulation, does that mean that I don't need to relocate U10 when trimming? Should I relocate it just in case? And along those lines, is the MX chip relocation really...
  12. Schmeeker

Hello again, everyone! I have a few more miscellaneous questions! After ordering my heat sink, I realized that I had ordered a heat sink with the wrong dimensions. The length and width are okay, but it's about 4mm too tall. I ordered a 35x35x11mm rather than a 35x35x7mm. Is this a problem...
  13. Schmeeker

Question Questions regarding the G-Boy

Hi there and welcome! I'm a noob too, still planning my own portable. I can answer a few of your questions, but some of them are ones that I still have for myself. Anyway, regarding a parts list, I've been able to find a couple of parts lists around the forum. Just search for 'parts list' or...
  14. Schmeeker

Again, wow. That took you five minutes, tops. Thank you very much for your time and answers!
  15. Schmeeker

Wow! Thanks so much, I wasn't expecting replies within a day, let alone within an hour. I would like that very much, thank you! I'd love to compare because you probably have much more reputable sellers on your list. Thank you very much! Kudos to you for your extensive reply! I've just got...
  16. Schmeeker

Hello everyone! I'd just like to preface this thread by apologizing in advance for my lack of knowledge, as I am sure it will become a problem. Anyway, this summer I decided that I was going to build a portable. I've had my eyes on it for the past two years now, but always said: "That's WAY...
  17. Schmeeker

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi! My name's Schmeeker, I'm a video game nerd with too much time on my hands. I love electronics, and I hope to be able to make a Wii portable one day. I've messed around with Raspberry Pi and Arduino, but my soldering iron has never been plugged in.