Search results

1. A_s6

Question Custom circuit board $$

once you design your pcb you can send the files to a fabricator and they will manufacture the board itself. then someone will need to place and solder components. some manufacturers like jlcpcb have a component placing service where they basically assemble the whole thing for you(you have to pay...
  2. A_s6

Can I use this Samsung tablet battery

generally it’s unsafe to use batteries like these unless you really know what you’re doing. id say just stick to 18650s or the like
  3. A_s6

Question Ps2 won't boot after wiring up VGA

i have no knowledge of the ps2 so i’m probably not the best to answer but i can say for sure that your soldering could be a part of the issue. the joints are really big and look really cold(you can tell by the lack of shine). unless you cleaned the capacitors that you dropped solder on already...
  4. A_s6

Model Wii SPii CAD Files

check the schematic and board file, they should be labeled the same as the bom
  5. A_s6

Discussion Share your pets

those floppy ears tho, so precious
  6. A_s6

PS2 Portable, like an oversized gameboy

this is so good, nice work!
  7. A_s6

Question Multiple custom regulator questions

i believe there’s 3 buck converters and 1 boost converter pic 16 battery management ic(i think) and there’s some inductors that look like ic’s there might be some other stuff but just check out the bom and schematics, they’re public
  8. A_s6

Question Multiple custom regulator questions

1. it depends on the output voltage, check the data sheet of your regulator 2. inductors resist change in current by increasing the energy stored in the inductor’s magnetic field(i won’t lie i got this on google) 3. footprints are automatically downloaded in popular cad programs but check...
  9. A_s6

Discussion Inside an AliExpress Wii Portable

yeah i was kinda referring to the general cleanliness compared to portapackit’s but i’m willing to bet this will spontaneously combust
  10. A_s6

Discussion Inside an AliExpress Wii Portable

while it’s no portapackit portable fire starter this is certainly not good. leaving out one of the most crucial components for safety is not the best idea for a commercial product
  11. A_s6

Question is it a good idea to buy wii mobos of of ebay

ebay is usually the first place that people check for wiis. they’re relatively cheap and they’re very easy to find
  12. A_s6

Worklog The potato of handhelds - somehow it turns on

the hot glue...how many sticks went into that?
  13. A_s6

Worklog The potato of handhelds - somehow it turns on

the only good type of interior
  14. A_s6

Question Will the RVL-PMS work with these batteries?

i think that as long as you wire them in 1sXp they should be fine but don’t quote me on this. and yeah the stick breakouts are for the switch sticks
  15. A_s6

BitBuilt Store Question - Back in Stock Soon

take this with a grain of salt because i’m not too well versed in digital electronics, but given that the board has a multiplexer capable of handling displayport it should be able to carry vga or composite. i’m not too sure about hdmi tho edit: btw is there a data sheet for that? i couldn’t...
  16. A_s6

i forgot to mention that the sparkfun pd board is open source so you could add usb to that if you want
  17. A_s6

as i mentioned previously you could wire usb directly to the wii
  18. A_s6

non open source products?

now that the store won’t be restocked, are there any plans for non open source products like the nand relocation flex, or will it be up to the creator to release the files(if they want to)?
  19. A_s6

you could try to reverse engineer it but there are other options. if you don’t need usb c power delivery you can just use usb c. but iirc there is a usb c pd board from sparkfun that should work just as well edit: i don’t think there’s any usb c pd board with a usb port like gman’s so keep in...
  20. A_s6

unfortunately the usb c pd board is not open source, but on Gman’s website there is a detailed description of how it works along with some ics it uses(not 100% sure about the ic part tho) edit: the rvl-pms, u-amp, 64-amp, are on gman’s github gc+ 2.0 is on aurelio’s github all other products...