Search results

1. PiR8_BTY

Worklog PiR8_BTY's N64 Portable Control Deck (N64HH)

*Update*! I noticed my D-Pad wasnt working correctly and after a conversation with gman, he pointed me in the right direction. The N64 D-Pad has 2 little protruding nubs that need to be removed with flush cutters to work properly. These nubs are on the top of the D-PAd as shown in the photo. I...
  2. PiR8_BTY

I thought they both had revision NUS-RTC-10 where there is no cap that needs to be removed up to the vias. Then they just ran a jumper wire on that lone high trace. But yeah, it probably will either barely fit or not at all. :!:
  3. PiR8_BTY

Update! I trimmed the jumper pak and got my new portable case. Only the finest for this portable! No need for including charging cables anymore cause our phones use the same USB-C. Till next time.
  4. PiR8_BTY

Update! It would seem the big N was busy making at a few revisions of the jumper pak. With a 96,97, and 98 pcb date identified so far. Looks like the one with the (lower) 4 surface mount caps is the most desirable for trimming. Especially cause you can scratch away the solder mask at the higher...
  5. PiR8_BTY

Let there be light (and charging)! I harvasted the thermistor and RGB LED from my now abandoned 4th Gboy kit as these components fit the vintage of the RVL board perfectly. Plus I plan to do an entire 4layertech Gboy component build someday with a hint of under-volting and a laminated screen. I...
  6. PiR8_BTY

Update! I wired up the @CrazyGadget OSD control board (used in this case for volume control) and continued to wire everything up. I checked all the connections and noticed I accidenatlly wired C-Left to GND and GND to C-Left. All fixed. Waiting on a @atkfromabove RCP flex and then I should be...
  7. PiR8_BTY

Update! I worked on the wiring for the front of the shell. The fitment of the controller board looks almost exactly the same as the sparkle board if you rotate it 90 degrees. It may be a few mil difference and if thats the case, i’ll slightly shave off some material from the heatsink. Hopefully...
  8. PiR8_BTY

*Minor Update* Took me half a day, but I finally got friendly with the controller board. This video really helped me out for anyone new to pic programming.
  9. PiR8_BTY

Hello everyone! Update time. Started off with wiring the batteries up and the cutoff switch. Finally got the bare controller board and populated it. Still need to program it. There also might be a clearance issue with the heat sinks. Thanks @Gman for open sourcing this. Also, prepared the...
  10. PiR8_BTY

Release N64 Controller Module

My portable thanks you.
  11. PiR8_BTY

Worklog N64 Micro

Worlds smallest n64 inbound! But seriously, fantastic work!
  12. PiR8_BTY

Hey everyone! Went to Japan and picked up some Shindou edition games in honor of my portable. Ordered a case and I am not very satisfied with the pull-n-pick foam. It resulted in a very messy look. I’ve ordered this case many times for gboys and never had this issue. I realized I prefer this...
  13. PiR8_BTY

Worklog First N64 Portable - N64HH Build

I was thinking of designing something like this to take the edge off tedious wiring. Fantastic work! now we just need a flex cable for the cartridge pin-connector that will fit the N64HH design.
  14. PiR8_BTY

SparkleBoard64 Mini.

Any update on this?
  15. PiR8_BTY

No kidding. They are a tough pill to swallow. The wallet took a beating that day. Especially compared to buying broken disc drive wii’s for 25-30 bones.
  16. PiR8_BTY

Parts are slowly trickling in. I just got my 25x25x10mm heatsinks in. And I finally ponied up and bought the memory expansion paks (ouch). I know using the expansion pak creates more of a power demand on the console/batteries, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. Earlier I tried harvesting...
  17. PiR8_BTY

Thanks! Surprisingly there was a lot to unpack on this one. I've enjoyed the process though. Thanks for taking some really clear photo's on your build too, they've been helping me get a visual as well.
  18. PiR8_BTY

Thank you! I'm excited to test them out. Link to the joysticks: here. The mesh I bought in bulk years ago and the link has long since dried up. Pretty generic stuff though. Surprisingly there isn't a spot for the aux socket, but that's and easy fix and the spot I picked looks like it will...
  19. PiR8_BTY

*Update*, Still waiting on parts. I accidentally ordered the controller PCB's without ENIG gold plating. Luckily @Nicholas298 was able to hook me up with an extra set he had. In the meantime I received my Retroid Pocket 3/3+ hall-effect joysticks. They are dark grey, so they are almost an exact...
  20. PiR8_BTY

*Update* I verified the screen is working and removed control board through-hole components that won't be used. This will also help the screen to sit flush against the screen housing and avoid any rubbing. I put some Kapton tape on the underside of the board where composite (AV1+GND) are so they...