Search results

1. Question gamecube controller emulation with an arduino

I've been working on this for ESP32. You can see the relevant code here: https://github.com/HandHeldLegend/HOJA-LIB-ESP32
  2. Board scan Switch OLED Scans

This work is severely important to the repair scene. THANK YOU!!!
  3. ProGCC - GameCube controller shoved into a ProCon

Thank you ;_; I want to update it soon to have a USB output. 1-2 months until that milestone
  4. Release ProConGCC Firmware v1 (Compatible with GC+ hardware)

Updated readme; license should be up. Thank you! :D
  5. ProGCC - GameCube controller shoved into a ProCon

Details on the internals and custom firmware here: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/procongcc-firmware-v1-compatible-with-gc-hardware.4756/ Just posting some pics of my build with some color-changing LEDs :)
  6. Release ProConGCC Firmware v1 (Compatible with GC+ hardware)

Github Link: https://github.com/mitchellcairns/ProCon-GCC/tree/master/ProConGCC.X What is this? This is a firmware designed for PIC18(L)F24/25K42 microcontrollers which emulates the function of a GameCube controller as faithfully as possible. Features: - GUI-less configuration - Stick...
  7. Release Gamecube Controller protocol timing information detailed

Wanted to share my findings; cheers. Salea logic captures included as attachments. Console sends out signals at 200kHz, Controller responds at 250kHz. Data sent from original console - Side Bit Times Real Gamecube (exact) LOW - 3.875us low, 1.125us high HIGH - 1.375 low, 3.583 high STOP -...
  8. LED Joycons Finished!

It looks pretty much exactly like what you had in your project; I used a small hand drill to hollow the back and I used UV resin to put the LEDs in the buttons. I also had to use a metal file to carve a channel for the wiring since the button thickness is very sensitive.
  9. LED Joycons Finished!

Probably not on this set, just saw a gamecube controller with the button color scheme/LEDs and I wanted to capture that feel in the joycons. If I lit up the left joycons that vision would be lost haha!
  10. Worklog NS Joycons red led mod

That looks awesome! Just a quick question, what is that board that you soldered the resistors to which is glued to the board? I might want to try something similar with my next project.
  11. Worklog NS Joycons red led mod

That makes sense then. You could probably also do 180 ohm but it would just be way brighter. If you like the brightness it's at, keep the 300 ohm.
  12. Worklog NS Joycons red led mod

If it's working now then I wouldn't mess with it :D I'm wondering if your particular LEDs use even less mA than you expect, requiring a higher voltage drop to not blow up.
  13. Worklog NS Joycons red led mod

I just deleted my other reply since I realized the calculator on that website was giving me wrong information. In the parallel mode it automatically puts multiple LEDs on one resistor, which you don't want to do. In the other mode it automatically puts some LEDs in series and others in parallel...
  14. Worklog NS Joycons red led mod

Are you sure that's not 12 ohms for all of them in series? Do you have a schematic or a picture of the current setup?
  15. Worklog NS Joycons red led mod

I'd bump it up to ~100ohms; Never hurts to start higher and go lower just to get the brightness you want.
  16. LED Joycons Finished!

Hi everyone; Long time lurker but first time poster here. I recently got into resin casting and even more recently decided to try my hand at doing some LED mods. These LEDs only turn on when the controllers are connected through Bluetooth and they will not power on in handheld mode (Save my...
  17. BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi, my name is Mitch. Recently got into making modifications to Joycons. I've been resin casting buttons and recently started doing LED mods.
  18. Worklog NS Joycons red led mod

I see that your powering your LEDs from an external source; My guess is that your external source is causing the burnout or there's something you're missing in your calculation. I did this same mod recently as you can see here: Looks like we're using the same LEDs, so I can say with...
  19. Worklog NS Joycons red led mod

You're using one resistor per LED?