Search results

1. AFE123

TI Regs for Sale

Hello, I hope this listing finds you well. I wanted to see if anyone is interested in purchasing the following: 1x PTH regulators 1x PTR regulator *Note: The Printed Circuit Board, cap and resistors will not be included. I ordered these regulators on 5/16/22 off Digikey for...
  2. AFE123

Question Safety Tips while working on portables

Yesterday, I tested positive for COVID-19, and lost the motivation to build my PS2 portable. I know that the project didn't cause me to get sick, but I've lost confidence in soldering and using a rotary tool. I just can't figure out how to build a portable without getting sick. What are some...
  3. AFE123

Question Testing 3D Design Without a 3D Printer

I've recently broke the female power connector on my PS2, and I need something to test the regulators with. Instead of ordering a replacement socket on eBay, I've decided to design a port to save some money and to use an auger pin my dad bought off Amazon. For this I used the power of image...
  4. AFE123

Question Can I turn on an untrimmed PS2 with only the regulators?

So I was able to diagnose that my PS2 had a bad fuse thanks to @Customledmods help. Looking at the time it'd take to get a replacement, I'm probably not going to bother getting the fuse. I want to test out all of my components prior to trimming so can I hook up the 1.25, 1.75, 2.5, 3.5 and 5V...
  5. AFE123

Worklog Chunchunmaru - A PS2 Portable

Hi, This is my worklog for my PlayStation 2 portable. I haven’t come up with a case design, but I’ll think about it when I finally decide on what I'm putting in the portable Goals -Having a handheld PS2 is awesome, but my intention isn’t to build a perfect unit. I just want to learn and...
  6. AFE123

Question Trimming a Wii vs PS2

Hi, I've been looking at the prospect of building a either a PS2 or Wii portable since the university I study at has an entire makerspace (A gold mine for tools). From a conceptual standpoint, both trimming guides seem straight forward, but I'm not a soldering expert. What would you guys...
  7. AFE123

The Toyota Siienna

Handheld Wiis are cool and all, but what else can you do besides playing games on it? Also, are they comfortable? My objective is to make a Wii portable that can do other things and be comfortable.. After some complicated research and studying, I've concluded that I will build a portable Wii...
  8. AFE123

Question Electronic Books Suggestions

I've been looking at a possibility of building a portable Wii console whenever I'm free from university stuff. Problem is, I'm not electronically inclined. I know one option is to study engineering at school, but I have other ambitions. Rather, I'm interested in working on electronics as a...
  9. AFE123

Question Selling Wii With PortablizeMii

I bought a Wii a couple of years ago, and I installed PortablizeMii. Can I sell it with the software? Edit: Just googled it. I can't sell it with games on it.