Search results

1. loopj

Short Stack - The World's Smallest Wii

World's Smallest Nintendo Wii, using a trimmed motherboard and custom stacked PCBs https://github.com/loopj/short-stack Features World's smallest "to scale" Wii console Powered by USB-C HDMI for lossless digital audio and video (powered by GCVideo) Bluetooth for Wii remotes and...
  2. loopj

Guide Soft Shutdown / Power-on Via Bluetooth

When we trim a Wii motherboard for a portable or miniature build, we trim off the stock power regulator circuits and replace them with our own. Most builds replace these power rails with something like the 4Layer Technologies RVL-PMS or CrazyGadget’s PSU-Plus. Almost all regulator circuits used...
  3. loopj

Worklog Wundervolt - a programmable, undervoltable, Wii PSU

Wundervolt (/vʊndɐvo:lt/) While waiting for my Short Stack boards to arrive, I’ve been working on the idea of building a teeny tiny power supply board with software programmable voltage rails to allow for software Wii undervolting. Thus wundervolt (pronounced /vʊndɐvo:lt/) was born. Before...
  4. loopj

Worklog Project Short Stack

Project Short Stack For the past 2 years I’ve been dreaming of building a “not so portable” with a stacked PCB design. Stacking a custom peripherals/power pcb, Wii motherboard, and heatplate reminded me of a stack of pancakes, hence “project short stack”. Requirements I wanted to have the...
  5. loopj

Release Wii Bench Power Supply

I threw together a little case for a power supply for bench testing Wii trims, which combines a USB-C breakout with a RVL-PSU to provide 1V, 1.15V, 1.8V, 3.3V, and 5V power. A couple of people on Discord said they were interested in building something similar, so I figured I would share. The...
  6. loopj

Release Wii Motherboard Breakout PCB

Hey all, I've just open sourced my Wii motherboard breakout PCB in case anyone finds it helpful for their projects. I've found it to be useful for prototyping, or for permanent installation on Wii projects which are mounted with the CPU/GPU facing up (probably not most portables, since they are...
  7. loopj

Worklog First Wii Trim - NES Classiic

Hey all, I'm working on my first Wii project. Rather than building a portable first time round, I've decided to make a cut-down Wii in a NES Classic case. The NES was my first console a very long time ago, so figured this would be a great start for nostalgia purposes! I'm working on this...
  8. loopj

Question Moving/de-soldering the MX chip

Hey all, I'm working on a "peripheral" breakout board design for my project (with headers for USB, Bluetooth, Gamecube controllers). I'm considering expanding this board design to incorporate the MX chip for a clean single board design, but mostly for fun. I've noticed in most builds that...
  9. loopj

Question What exactly is the U10 chip?

Hey all, I'm wondering if anyone has discovered exactly what the U9/U10 chip is. I'm trying to figure out if it is an off-the-shelf, commercially available component, or a custom chip that Nintendo or one of it's partners made? It looks to be a SSOP5 package (the same footprint as a transistor...