Search results

1. Morklympious

Question 6-Layer trim shows some signs of life and then remains black screened

Okay! So I recently got some RVL-PSUs sent to me by way of PCBWay and I wanted to get back into the trimming game with yet another wii! The Basics: - 6 Layer Board - Modded with RVLoader - U10 Relocated and validated pre-trim. - I don't really care about wii features, I'm basically just trying...
  2. Morklympious

Question OM6 Trim U10 relocation question

Basically the thread title, I have a 6 layer in addition to a 4 layer I've been working on, and I'm beginning to notice significant motherboard differences (obviously). But the way I generally like to trim is verifying the U10 relocation pre-trim. On a 4 layer I have to cut a specific trace...
  3. Morklympious

Solved Controller port rewiring post-trim: Check my understanding?

I'm on the last leg of what I want to do with my wii trim and I already took a run at trying to wire up a controller to work, unfortunately it didn't, so I'm back here to ask more questions! I have a board for controller ports, and after looking at Jeff's Wii Micro thread image for his...
  4. Morklympious

Question The USB CM1/CM2 Traces and a USB breakout board question

Just want to say that I'm very close to being able to boot a real game off of a real wii that is trimmed and I am eternally grateful for y'all patience with me! All I have left to re-connect is controller ports and USB ports! Story time: So I had the unfortunate experience of lopping off my USB...
  5. Morklympious

Question RVL-PSU (2 of 'em) might be borked. Custom Regulators: Stepdown boards vs roll-my-own?

So a bit of context, as I'm new here! I'm trying to essentially make my own version of a wii micro / nano / smol I finally got around to wiring up a USBC power supply to power my regulator board (I luckily had two RVL-PSUs I held out from the store days) but when I wired everything up and...
  6. Morklympious

Question A quick question about re-wiring the reset button?

I had an issue with the board that I'm currently preparing to trim where I pressed a bit too hard on the tactile button and ended up thumb-punching the damn thing straight off, effectively preventing myself from hardware resetting straight into priiloader. Context: I don't want to make a...