Search results

1. MightyMorphine

Worklog The Steamii

Hey everyone it’s been awhile! I recently started working on this project again but I’ve hit a bit of a brick wall. The Wii is booting and has video but I cannot for the life of me get input from the GC+2.0 despite it working before. I’ve tried resoldering the data wire, checking the voltages...
  2. MightyMorphine

Worklog The Steamii

Time for a long-overdue update! As it turns out working with organic geometry for a project that requires a lot of straight lines is really difficult, but entirely possible. Progress is slow, but I've done most of the hard work designing everything. So far there are working mounts for the...
  3. MightyMorphine

Worklog The Steamii

Hello Bitbuilt! I finally got around to learning how to model after finishing my G-Wii clone. In my time on this website, I've seen people make some incredible builds. Wiis that fit in your pocket, portable kits you can buy and build yourself, so on and so forth. But the one thing that seems to...
  4. MightyMorphine

Question NAND relocation help

Was afraid you'd say that but I tried it anyway and I can confirm it still works. I tested it with the board on and I seem to be getting 3.3v on the flex. The ground also seems to work but I jumped a wire from the GND on the flex to another GND on the board to make sure. Yup triple-checked...
  5. MightyMorphine

Oh shoot Ok I fixed it and checked the continuity for all the connections but I still can’t get video, how do I know if I killed it?
  6. MightyMorphine

Hello BitBuilt! I’m pretty much done with my other portable so I’m dipping my toes into a more difficult trim. I got this Wii working with homebrew and a relocated U10 but I couldn’t get it to work after I relocated the NAND. There’s probably something really obvious I’m forgetting but don’t...
  7. MightyMorphine

Question Wiimote trim

Does anyone have any documentation on what Wiimote revisions have been trimmed and how much we're able to cut off?
  8. MightyMorphine

Worklog The Wrinklii or Steamii

https://www.18650batterystore.com/Samsung-18650-p/samsung-35e-button-top.htm
  9. MightyMorphine

As far as I can tell the vdrop is probably a short I haven’t seen or too much resistance on the wires. The batteries I have are rated for 3.6v max and are brand new so there shouldn’t be any problems with them. Although, when I disconnected the gc+ the voltage jumped up 0.15v so I’m thinking...
  10. MightyMorphine

OK, so I got the Bluetooth and headphone jack working, but I kinda got a new problem I couldn't figure out. I replaced the BQ and solved the charging problem I had in the last post but sometime between now and then I started to have voltage problems. When I turn the console on the green light...
  11. MightyMorphine

Question Over trimmed MX chip

Small question but I cut out this MX chip and I accidentally cut off the line with a battery protection resistor and test pad, is this salvageable? I still have the rest of the Wii so I’d be able to solder on another resistor if there is a replacement for it.
  12. MightyMorphine

Solved Possible short?

It won’t, I’m giving it 3.3v which the ldo converts into 1.8v.
  13. MightyMorphine

Solved Possible short?

Hello! I’m necroing this thread because I now have the same problem on a second PMS. I replaced the BQ chip I BBQ’d but when I turn the board on I get nominal voltages across the board except for 3.3v which seems to always be lower than the batteries. With it wired to everything else (the...
  14. MightyMorphine

I decided to add a GC controller port which works but not too long after the portable stopped turning on unless I plugged and unplugged the charger. For whatever reason, the problem disappeared the day after but I'm not sure why it was a problem at all. At the time I thought it was some sort of...
  15. MightyMorphine

Question About touchscreens

So I was reading over the Wii SP 1.0 and 2.0 work logs to see if I could try and understand how the touchscreen in place of IR was done. From what I understand Jackson trimmed a specific version of a Wiimote down to its core components w/ accelerometer, hooked it up to his custom controller/lcd...
  16. MightyMorphine

Thanks Wesk, the vga is working now!
  17. MightyMorphine

So I hooked up vga but I’m getting the purple screen problem despite turning down the green channel, does anyone know if this is a wiring issue?
  18. MightyMorphine

Update: I ended up reprinting the g-wii case with some wood pla. The wrinkly case definitely needed to go and I’m saving the Steamii design for another project. Even if it’s not unique, I’m really happy with the look and feel of the wood case. The build now has rumble, sound, and all the...
  19. MightyMorphine

Just thought I'd dump everything I've been working on here, what I've got so far is a G-wii clone with most of the basic features to still be considered functional and a lot of paint. Features so far: - OMGWTF trim - USB-C - 128gb micro sd card, Kingston adapter combo - 4 Samsung 18650...
  20. MightyMorphine

Solved AVE Bridging

Thanks guys these are all great suggestions. I finally managed to get most of the solder out and I’m getting display again finally. Turns out the way you hold the wick affects how much solder you get out, using just the tip helps fit into small places (that’s what she said). I also tried shanks...