Search results

1. vv32

Question Is it possible to use the wii mini drive on a normal wii?

Sorry if I'm digging up a dead thread but the Wii mini laser module and the dvd motor fit perfectly into a disk drive board of a 4-layered wii. Actually, the wii mini and the newer wiis use the exact same components for the dvd drive. I've tested it and it works perfectly!
  2. vv32

Question Trying to fit a wii into a wii mini

No crazy wiring required! :)
  3. vv32

Thanks for your reply. I showed this board as an example. I haven't yet taken apart my 40 wii. You said leaving parts of the board on can cause problems, is it possible to keep the disk drive connectors by extending the omgwtf trim just a little?
  4. vv32

Hello everyone, I'm trying to fit a normal wii (cpu-40) into a wii mini, the main board however is just slightly too long. Can I just trim a little off the front of the board instead of having to do a full omgwtf trim? (And move the bluetooth module as done in the omgwtf guide.) If so, how do...
  5. vv32

Worklog Identifying a Wii's Revision Based off of Serial Numbers

Revision: RVL-CPU-01, Serial Number: LEH20621962-6, Color: White Revision: RVL-CPU-50, Serial Number: LEF50654856-3, Color: Black
  6. vv32

Question Calling all noobs (noob question thread)

Thank you! But why did Nintendo put those things there in the first place?
  7. vv32

Question Calling all noobs (noob question thread)

Hello I'm planning on doing an omgwtf trim but I dont fully understand how it works. If I for example wanted to move on of these gc controller ports, do I have to move the highlighted capacitors/resistors in the picture below too? Or can I just desolder the port and connect it straight to...
  8. vv32

Discussion I got an RVL-CPU-50 Wii

Does that mean it is a 4 layered board?
  9. vv32

Discussion I got an RVL-CPU-50 Wii

I saw somewhere in a thread mentioned that these were unconfirmed. It is indeed a PAL wii. Does anyone need pictures?