Search results

1. SuperSaiyanBird

Worklog First Wii Portable

Get well soon!
  2. SuperSaiyanBird

where in the world you live in?

Marylander here! Aka the state of bipolar weather
  3. SuperSaiyanBird

Question Would someone mind looking over my parts list?

Alright cool I was going to use a barrel jack as well, but from what I've learned a USB-C PD is a lot easier for your first portable and is more efficient it also comes with an internal USB drive. But it is your portable so you can do whatever way you want. Also I know I said SD card but I meant...
  4. SuperSaiyanBird

Question Would someone mind looking over my parts list?

Why are you getting a USB drive and an SD card? From what I've seen people are using a kingston usb adaptor which hold SD cards. Apparently PortablizeMii has issues with some USB's so what I just said is a solution to that Some other things I can think of off the top of my head are a heatsink...
  5. SuperSaiyanBird

Worklog First Wii Portable

Noah told me on stream that he's only ever used Sandisk cards and never had a problem with them. But that's what worked for him at least.
  6. SuperSaiyanBird

Worklog Wii Slate Mini

Wow Noah! You as well as many others here on bit built are truly inspirational. I hope one day I can design my own portable like you. I'm very happy I became a part of this community. Looks amazing! I can't wait to see your progress and excited for the finished product! If anyone can do it...
  7. SuperSaiyanBird

Solved I found a USB-C PD +internal USB drive on ebay?

Yeah I decided not to go the cheap route lol. Not tryna risk starting a fire.
  8. SuperSaiyanBird

Solved I found a USB-C PD +internal USB drive on ebay?

Hi I found a USB-C PD +internal usb drive on ebay slightly similar to the on the BB store. Is it possible to use this ebay one for my Wii portable? How different is it from the one in the BB store...
  9. SuperSaiyanBird

Question Is liquid metal worth it over normal thermal paste?

Honestly I wouldn't risk it if I were you. Like @wudopecker said, a small heatsink + 35mm fan with normal thermal paste which works just fine. I'm no expert and still learning but if it has a chance to cause short circuits I wouldn't take that risk at all and there is another option which is...
  10. SuperSaiyanBird

Question Can I sell my G-Wii? Or would that be wrong?

You might be thinking too deep, I believe others have sold their G-Wii before. But if you're really worried about it then you should just PM @Gman
  11. SuperSaiyanBird

Solved Why is Noah's USB-C PD different from the one in the store?

Alright thanks, that marks this as solved :)
  12. SuperSaiyanBird

Solved Why is Noah's USB-C PD different from the one in the store?

Hi, I'm still researching and looking through worklogs for wii portables and I was rewatching Noah's stream as he was assembling the G-Wii and I noticed his USB-C PD is different than the one in the bitbuilt store. If I am going to build a G-Wii how will I make the USB port and the other port...
  13. SuperSaiyanBird

Solved Is the 3d model supposed to look like this?

Ahh ok thanks, because I wanted to use his case but I wanted to try to add my own little designs to it. I'll mark this as solved:)
  14. SuperSaiyanBird

Solved Is the 3d model supposed to look like this?

Hey, I just put the g-wii top half in fusion 360 but it turns pink and has marks all over it. Is there a way to fix this?
  15. SuperSaiyanBird

Worklog my 1st portable wii

Yeah it comes with it's own built in regulators and BMS which helps save space and time. If you read the description for it on the bitbuilt store you'll see it comes with some nice features which are pretty nice to have.
  16. SuperSaiyanBird

Solved How expensive would a case be if this is the cost per gram?

Thanks for your input, I might just try to do that then. I've messaged @Noah and @Matthew because I heard they do 3d printing services. I'll be waiting patiently for their response!
  17. SuperSaiyanBird

Problem is, I don't have the money to just spend on a 3d printer and my own filament. I was thinking I could maybe use a GBA housing shell. Actually last night I found this GBA hard case. I'd have to carve the holes myself so I'd need to take my time with it. Here's a link to what I'm talking...
  18. SuperSaiyanBird

Aran Wii Portable

Wow it looks amazing! Very inspiring to me and motivates me! Thank you for that and keep up the amazing work!
  19. SuperSaiyanBird

Hi there, I'm trying to figure out how expensive it would be to make the shell of my wii portable. My local library offers 3d printing services however they don't give an estimate for the price if you give them the dimensions. They do it by weight in grams. Although I don't know anything about...