Search results

1. Solved Individual game issues on trimmed wii

On my portable, I have a few GameCube games that give me problems when running them. None of these issues happen on my untrimmed wii (same version of RVLoader(1.6), same iso files), so I know it's not the iso files. The games are: Starfox Adventures - Black Screen, no sound F-Zero GX - Black...
  2. Solved RGB difficulty with Wii VGA

I've been having difficulties with the RGB connections for my G-Wii's VGA. As it stands, my display looks like this: Here are the approximate resistances to GND for all 3 (both on the Wii and the screen board): R: 37.5 G: 75 B: 75 Based on what I've read, I think that means the G and B...
  3. Solved Off-White Residue

Every once in a while, when I open my portable Wii to work on it, I find this off-white residue-looking stuff accumulated, particularly on the vias. I've cleaned it up with alcohol and a q-tip every time I've seen it, but what is it? Is there something I'm doing wrong to cause it? And most...
  4. Solved Via Soldering Tips

Does anyone have any tips for soldering to small vias? I'm having a tough time soldering to the U10 and controller data vias on my Wii, so I wanted to know if anyone had any advice for that or via soldering in general.
  5. Solved No Input from GC+ 2.0

I have my GC+ 2.0 wired up, but when the Wii is on, I have no input from the controller whatsoever. I've tested everything the best I can with a multimeter. I have continuity on everything, and testing when the Wii is on showed everything receiving the right voltage, so I'm not sure what I'm...
  6. Solved Viable Additional Trim?

I've been putting together a G-Wii, but including a memory card slot. However, I recently discovered that I can't fit the memory card slot in with the Wii as I currently have it trimmed. The area marked in black sharpie is what I would need to trim off to fit the slot. From what I can tell, I...
  7. Solved Screen not powering on

I'm working on a G-Wii and just got to wiring up the screen, and it doesn't turn on at all. I'm using the screen that used to be sold on the BitBuilt store (datasheet attached just in case). For running it off of 5v, I followed some instructions from an older thread involving removing L111 and...
  8. Solved Connecting RVL PMS 2 to USB-C PD 1?

I recently bought the RVL PMS 2 because I managed to ruin my PMS 1. I'm using the old USB-C PD because I already had it and heard that they should work together. However, some of the connection names differ between the two versions, so I want to make sure I know what I should be connecting to...
  9. Solved RVL PMS Ordering?

I've been in the beginning stages of actually putting together a G-Wii for a couple months now. I couldn't get fan spin, and I think I likely messed up my PMS (there was a spark at one point and I think I may have shorted something with an accidental solder drip), and to add to that, I managed...
  10. Looking for a G-Wii rev2 Case

I'm looking to buy a G-Wii rev2 case. I've heard some people on Bitbuilt do commissions, but wasn't sure how best to look for that. Also, in the G-Wii build streams on YouTube, Noah had some 3D printed discs that hold the ABXY buttons in place, but there's nothing like that in the files Gman...
  11. Solved Memory card slot put into G-Wii case?

I've been planning to build a G-Wii for a few months now, and I want to include a Gamecube memory card slot. I initially wanted to edit the G-Wii files to include a slot, but I've been having a hard time determining where I can reasonably put it (and my general lack of experience with Fusion360...
  12. Worklog First Ever Portable

Hi, I’ve been looking into making a portable on and off for a few months now and I’ve decided to make a Wii portable. I plan on making a G-Wii, but including a GameCube memory card slot if at all possible. I think I've read through as much material as I can without making any actual progress...