Search results

1. Timo43

GBoy rev3

The current estimate is September. https://store.bitbuilt.net/g-boy-shipping-information/
  2. Timo43

Question just about there

I’m sorry. I had no idea I was so wrong.
  3. Timo43

Question just about there

Mmmmm. No 4p wouldn’t work nor would 2p. You need a 2s1p or 2s2p for a wii portable to get enough voltage since 3.7v isn’t enough to power the wii. Yes, 18650’s would work, the Samsung 3500 mah (it might be 3400 mah I forget) are generally used the most.
  4. Timo43

Yeah, no way I’m ever lifting that much at 5’4”... good job.

Yeah, no way I’m ever lifting that much at 5’4”... good job.
  5. Timo43

Worklog Rubix's 1st Portable

One thing you will obviously need at some point is a case. Do you have a case you want to use? Perhaps frankencasing?
  6. Timo43

Question Do you have to use a certain type of usb drive to install porablize me?

It’s in 32kb clusters and fat32? Also ^
  7. Timo43

“Sticks and stones may break your bones, so always wear body armor!”

“Sticks and stones may break your bones, so always wear body armor!”
  8. Timo43

Worklog Wii Portable Worklog ("Clunkii")

Oh dear... who will make all the pizzas for bitbuilt now?
  9. Timo43

Worklog My first Wii micro

Is there a reason you want 2 USB ports? Otherwise I think one will be just fine with functionality.
  10. Timo43

where in the world you live in?

Ohio, more specifically, my basement and occasionally upstairs (jk Columbus) no snow here but it’s frigid after having nice 50 degree weather for months. (Fahrenheit not Celsius, that’s 10 Celsius I think)
  11. Timo43

Absolute Beginner Recommendations

Most people who want a wii portable start with a G-Wii (in cutting edge) but if you want something simple some people do a rasberry pi emulator portable. A 3D Printer definitely isn’t required there are people here who will print anything you need for you or you can use some 3D printing service...
  12. Timo43

Worklog Wii Slate Mini

Thanks for the response!
  13. Timo43

Worklog Wii Slate Mini

I am genuinely excited to see this finished. This is gonna be such a cool portable when complete (imo and hopefully others opinions). I have a couple questions on some parts in this if you don’t mind answering. What is different from GC+ 2.0 and 1.0? What are some features of Aurelio’s direct...
  14. Timo43

Worklog First Wii Portable - ASCIIWII

Bitbuilt does have its own discord server https://discordapp.com/invite/wtQwKW?utm_source=Discord%20Widget&utm_medium=Connect. Building a new server would be kinda pointless when you have a server with people with tons of experience. Hope this helps!
  15. Timo43

Solved How expensive would a case be if this is the cost per gram?

GingerOfOz I believe also prints cases.
  16. Timo43

Discussion Has anyone used this 3.5 VGA screen?

Imo vga isn’t that important on a screen that small. I think composite would be fine for 3.5”. But that’s just me. Seller has good reviews so I would think it would be 640x480.
  17. Timo43

Solved Are these good BMS and Batteries to use for my Wii portable???

I’m not gonna say what is and isn’t a good bms because I don’t know but you should, if you are using the panasonic batteries, only need a 2s. (series and parallel is something you might want to read up on) Also, just want to make sure, you plan on making your own regulators? Yes? If not then...
  18. Timo43

Question Lol I'm stupid help me

Well, you are gonna need to buy some batteries, a pms or bms to protect your portable from battery stuff. Some different gauges of wire (not sure if you have all the gauges you need). A case of some sort, a micro sd to USB adapter, some buttons (like on a wii or GameCube control), tact buttons...
  19. Timo43

Solved Where do I solder to relocate motherboard items?

Rule 1 when you are new: there are no dumb questions. (As Long as you put some effort into learning) Here you can see the ave (circled): This is on the underside of the board and the a/v output connection points are here: The ave does not get cut off. I believe you may be referring to a...
  20. Timo43

Question Lol I'm stupid help me

You can start with your portable by reading some of these forums https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?forums/wii.101/ and then look through some work logs. The guide hub has some useful info on batteries and bms’s so that could be useful too. Taking one step at a time is very important. It is...