Search results

1. Redherring32

Guide Xbox Trimming Guide

This guide is the culmination of months of research and work and a failed contest entry. I have put a lot of time and effort into this guide and there were a LOT of ups and downs, but I hope it is worth it as at the end of the day it shows you everything you need to know to do something that was...
  2. Redherring32

Worklog Unnamed Xbox Portable

Hey folks. I have spectated a few of these competitions now, but I finally decided to throw my hat in the ring and make a fool of myself. I never meet deadlines, and I never can think of ideas worth trying to finish within them, so frankly I am screwed, so to add insult to injury I decided to do...
  3. Redherring32

Guide Chip Trimming: A Guide

This guide is a mirror of the guide posted on my GitHub repository. The following guide will cover every step of the chip trimming process as best as possible, while also going over the various caveats, complications, and best practices. It will also go over the best workflow and order of...
  4. Redherring32

Guide Power draw reduction of 8bit devices

Hey guys! As some of you may know, I've been working on a NES handheld for a while now. Well today I wanna share something I've been researching and implementing to make it just that extra bit better. We should all know by now that the NES uses a 6502 based CPU with a built in APU, but the...
  5. Redherring32

Worklog TinyTendo - an absurd NES handheld

Well I've never done a worklog before but the great Shank demanded I do one so here we are. TinyTendo is my admittedly overly ambitious attempt at making a NES handheld in an original GameBoy form factor, which breaks conventions on how small a real NES can get. TinyTendo will utilize a...