Search results

1. Nicholas298

Nicholas298's OSD+VOL Controller Board

Notice: I would not use this for the N64HH build, that specific driver board will be released separate from this. This is the release of my Custom PCB that allows you to use simple Button Combinations to control the display and volume of your portable! Pinout: S1- Selector Button 1 (Volume...
  2. Nicholas298

Worklog Nicholas298's Wii Portable

This is the start of my worklog for my Wii portable! I found an old design I made 3 years ago in my closet, so I remade it and am working hard to finish it! It is based of JacksonS's Wii SP 2.0 a while back. I have gotten a lot better at making custom PCBS, so I hope to keep it clean and easy...
  3. Nicholas298

N64HH V2 Contact PCBS

Hey guys I have 4 batches of JLCPCB ENIG gold plated PCBs for my N64HH V2 design, send me a dm if interested in purchasing a batch (1 of each board, so 3 total). I would charge $20 for 1 batch, All are sold!
  4. Nicholas298

N64HH V2

The N64HH Rev2! Improved and better than ever! Improved the trigger design, used FFC cable to make wire routing simpler, custom made PCBs, and passive cooling setup! Uses Advanced Trim N64 motherboard with direct RCP wiring 5 inch 4:3 screen Gman’s RVL-PMS (could use another with modification...
  5. Nicholas298

N64 HH (Outdated)

“N64 Hand Held” A Nintendo 64 Portable 3D Printed in PLA Advance Trimmed Nintendo 64 Motherboard with two 4mb Ram Chips (Donkey Kong 64 and Majora's Mask) Two 18650 Battery Cells 5 Inch 4:3 Ratio Screen PIF relocation RCP wiring Metal Blower style fan with custom cut heatsink Custom PCBS...
  6. Nicholas298

Question ED64Plus on trimmed N64?

There is no work log that I’m familiar with that has ever had a working ED64Plus in a portable. I have been struggling the past weeks trying to figure out why my trimmed N64 will not read an ED64Plus flashcart. I currently have the cart slot wired up and it reads every N64 game perfectly...
  7. Nicholas298

Worklog N64HH - N64 Portable

This portable is finished! Click this link to goto the completed post! https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/n64hh.5994/ Ayo guys, this is the start of my worklog for my first N64 portable. I plan on using a cut RVL-PMS, with PD charger Board, 2-18650 cells, 5inch screen, and all...
  8. Nicholas298

G-Boy to WiiBoy

The WiiBoy Rev 3 was what got me into modding Wiis 2 years ago. I was so impressed with how clean it looked and still am! When the GBoy kits came out, I was so excited and thrilled to get my hands on it. Now, since the GBoy case files got open sourced, I decided to try and make it look just...
  9. Nicholas298

2021 Contest Entry: SWiiP

298nicholas298's Super-Wii-Portable My goals for the SWiiP will be to make a comfortable, functional, and rugged portable with great cable management. This will be my first completed Wii portable (besides the G-Boy). It's inspired by many other portables, including designs I thought of in the...
  10. Nicholas298

More Stuffs 4 Sale

Shop Le Gains ANYTHING PURCHASED WILL BE TESTED BEFORE SHIPPING, and ill send you a pic... of the product working....;) SOLD- $20 each- 2 7inch IPS screens with driver boards $18- 6 layer Super Custom Square trim PENDING- $80- Nice Lmao Trim (If wanted i can trim a bit smaller) nand flex board...
  11. Nicholas298

Guide DOL-101 SD Card Slot Installation

NO SERIAL PORT?, NO PROBLEM! This guide is intended for use with the DOL-101 model of the GameCube, although it may work for DOL-001 as well. This guide will showcase how to wire a generic SD card slot to the non-existent Serial Port 2. While the DOL-101 does not have a Serial Port 2, it does...
  12. Nicholas298

Solved LMAO trim not working

This trim worked when I tested it a week ago, slapped it into my project and I can’t get it to boot. I’ve tried reheating the NAND connections, checked continuity on the NAND legs, and check voltages and it all seem ok, do y’all see something I don’t??
  13. Nicholas298

Worklog GCD (GameCube Deluxe)

The GameCubeDeluxe Description: The GCD is my take on a futuristic GameBoy Advance. It will have all the horsepower of the Wii at its disposal and decent battery life. I was inspired when I saw Madmorda's Wii in a GameBoy Advance that she worked on years ago. She recently picked it back up and...
  14. Nicholas298

Guide Non-official Menu Control mod for G-Boy

I did a lil somethin to add a 5 way tact switch to the g-boy to be able to have screen controls on demand! i wired the 5 way tact to the control board like dis Snip off the ends of the board as I did in the picture, Position the screen control board diagonally (only way I could make it fit)...
  15. Nicholas298

Orange Boy!

16. Nicholas298

Worklog The 3DS Pro

Why?: The 3DS held many of my favorite memories and I was all the more excited when the switch was announced. I loved the designs of all the 3DS consoles, so I think it's time to pay my respects to its death. Nintendo phased out the 3DS line, and the last iteration was the New 2DS XL. The case...
  17. Nicholas298

Worklog DSii

(Not my 2020 Bitbuilt Contest Entry) lol Imagine if you took this: And added a little of this: Oh wait, well that would mean... I PRESENT TO YOU.... THE DSii The main gimmick of this bad boi is that it will have 2 screens, which some of you may be thinking "That's impossible," but a trip to...
  18. Nicholas298

Worklog CopiiBoy rev2

No, this portable will not transfer protein from the rough endoplasmic reticulum. (haha) Out of excitement for the release of the Wiiboy rev3 kits, I have decided to try and make a Wiiboy by hand using old skool frankencasin'. This project will use a DMG Gameboy housing that is cleaned out and...
  19. Nicholas298

Discussion Has anyone used this 3.5 VGA screen?

Saw this on AliExpress, I want it but it's a little pricey ($98 USD) but it claims to have a 640x 480 display 0_0 . Has anyone used this one before? or any opinions would be nice...
  20. Nicholas298

Solved Did I cut too close to the NAND?

Hey real quick check before I go further, did I cut too close to the NAND or will it be ok?