Search results

1. SimmosaBoi

Worklog Baby's First Portable (Wiimosa)

I'm still waiting on the majority of my parts, as well as the money to buy some of the more essential items for this portable such as the Wii Power Management System and the GC+. In the meantime, I've compiled a rough materials list of all of the expenses related to this project, including...
  2. SimmosaBoi

Got you. I sawed off that last bit of the resistor array and sanded it down.
  3. SimmosaBoi

In order to redeem myself for this heinous act of motherboard mutilation, I tried my hand at a much safer trim for the four layer board, which can be viewed in the pictures. I still need to get wires for relocation and I'm still waiting on the soldering iron, but I wanted to do as much as I can...
  4. SimmosaBoi

Following the advice of Ginger, I bought a four layer Wii in addition to the six layer, as I have been led to believe it provides for the most optimal and power-efficient build. I intended to use the six layer board to practice trimming and relocating items on the board. So with the new goal of...
  5. SimmosaBoi

Thank you, that actually does save me a lot of time.
  6. SimmosaBoi

I have tinkered with electronics in the past, but I've never done anything that involved wiring. I will do that, though I am unsure as to which devices would require such a service as rewiring. Nevertheless, I will look into it. I think what I'll do is practice the major actions such as trimming...
  7. SimmosaBoi

That's a great idea, thank you. The Wii itself was actually among the cheapest of the parts for me to get. It would be so beneficial for me to practice soldering and relocation and wiring on it since it was so cheap and since I have very little experience with it. I will definitely keep that in...
  8. SimmosaBoi

Hello all. In order to provide as painless of a venture as possible into the scary territory of Wii portablizing, I decided to detail my progress in this worklog. I've spent solid weeks scouring the forums for information on how to complete this process, and I believe I have the most basic...
  9. SimmosaBoi

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hey guys. I've already joined the discord and spoken to some people, but here I am on the forums.