Search results

1. BASE6

Question Questions before Trimming

Thanks Jeff. I think a note should be added to the Wii Section on the U-Amp Documentation so people can avoid this confusion.
  2. BASE6

Question Questions before Trimming

Hey guys, My 5" Good Display Screen just arrived with most of my other parts and after removing the memory card slot I'm ready to trim the Wii motherboard. I just have a couple of questions before committing to trimming this weekend: Is the Pre-Amp IC near the AV output required to keep if I...
  3. BASE6

Question while I wait - ASCIIWii

Yeah that requires sanding or using a fiberglass pen to get access the 0.1 mm data line traces going to the GPU. That's the most difficult part. Depending how good your soldering skills are it can be done even though it's tricky. I did it twice and you need steady hands to make sure you don't...
  4. BASE6

Which type of board you have 4 or 6 layers? Check the identification guide to see which one you have. 6 layer boards are easier than the 4 layer boards but it's not impossible. https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/revision-identification-guide.863/
  5. BASE6

Assuming that you successfully relocated the U10 chip with the wire going to the GPU via pin then it should be able to boot the Wii and play GameCube games. Did you relocate the Bluetooth module? If you did then you can play the Wii games that you plan to upload to the USB. You can upload games...
  6. BASE6

Solved Questions before Wii Portable

The trimming guide shows wire wrapping wire "solid core wire" being used for the U10 relocation. I personally used #30 AWG magnetic wire for the U10 relocation.
  7. BASE6

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi Everyone my name is James and I'm an electrical engineer from New York. I'm a long time lurker on the forums and after building a raspberry pi zero game boy I've decided to start building a portable wii. I've already built the voltage regulators and hopefully I can get some software issues...