Search results

1. DartWolf

Question Fan (or other recommended upgrades) for backwards compatible PS3

I recently got a backwards compatible PS3 and it has one of it's exceptionally loud cooling fans. I was wondering if there is a fan mod or replacement fan someone knows of, and while I'm at it I might as well ask what other mods/etc should I consider to help it perform at it's best.
  2. DartWolf

Worklog Legends Ashida

I'm working on a build right now and your photos help a ton as there is not a lot to the wiring diagrams on 1Layer yet. Thanks for being detailed
  3. DartWolf

Worklog Wii U gamepad redesign

Making good progress. Gamecube buttons and controller halves created. Wii-U gamepad components are back in. Extended the sticks out. But I ran into some trouble with the ribbon wire being too fragile to work with. I was originally just going to solder to the ribbon wire but that didn't quite go...
  4. DartWolf

Question custom order ribbon wire?

I am working on a project that involves a wii u gamepad and I need to replace the ribbon wires. They are too delicate to solder to. I was thinking I could try to custom order a small stub ribbon wire with solder points I can connect my button wires to to replace the old cable. Anyone know where...
  5. DartWolf

Progress update. I know it has been forever but have successfully combined the two controllers and now am in the process of painting everything white (to match the Wii U). Bondo, sand, paint, bondo, sand, paint. It is a bit tedius to get the exact finish I want, but worth it. Closes up nicely...
  6. DartWolf

GameCube JoyCon CAD Files

I suppose that would be a good source of buttons.
  7. DartWolf

If you want plus minus, home, use wiiu pro buttons. With minor modification they will work. they are only a little shorter than the gamecube start buttons, but with a little material they should work to give you a plus, minus, and home.
  8. DartWolf

Model Gamecube controller STL

This is awesome! Thank you for posting these
  9. DartWolf

You'd have to change the start button mounts a bit, but it would be really cool to use a for parts Wii u pro controller +, -, and home buttons since you already need one for the clicky sticks. Stick with the gamecube start for the screen capture maybe. I enjoy having the buttons labled like they...
  10. DartWolf

Worklog N64SP take2

That is flipping sweet! Fantastic build man
  11. DartWolf

Any way to increase the battery life of the G-Boy?

You could look into graphine batteries, but it is a relatively new technology and probably expensive.
  12. DartWolf

Got a little bit more time to work on this. It looks like I will need to use a similar stickbox fix as Shank's Gamecube Joycons but with a lot less microsoldering fortunately. I have acquired some very dead but cosmetically good gamecube wavebirds so I think I can use similar 3d printed...
  13. DartWolf

Question Pluto-IIx HDMI chip gamecube install documetation?

Solved and successful! Thank you Aurelio.
  14. DartWolf

Exactly what I was searching for for this project. Thank you!
  15. DartWolf

Wii U aquired. At this stage I'm taking a good hard look at the components and the casing of the gamepad.
  16. DartWolf

Recently I acquired a gamecube and various components to mod it with. The Xeno chip is very straightforward, and the SD2SP2 mod chip plugs right in. I am having some difficulty finding install documentation on the Pluto-IIx HDMI soldering points. I already have GC-Video in the modchip, so I...
  17. DartWolf

Question Wii portable in a retro case/other questions now

You could ask Gman if the printable STL for the case is available and if you could print it out yourself at a college, perhaps buy the PCBs individually and see what you can do with them. You miss out on the convenience of a package deal and a lot of the help that comes with it though. Other...
  18. DartWolf

Are G-Boys any good for Painting?

Yes, you can paint 3d prints like the G-Boy shell. To get a smooth and clean finish you'll want to use Bondo spot puddy or something similar to smooth out the surface. Sand, clean up, prime, and apply more spot puddy as needed. Sand, clean up prime. Keep going until you have the surface you...
  19. DartWolf

Question Wii portable using a touchscreen?

Thank you! I will certainly look into this a bit more.
  20. DartWolf

Question Wii portable using a touchscreen?

Thanks for the reply. I imagine that without help this is probably an idea outside of my current skill level. However, I'll have to see if I can do this idea in the future as I think it opens up certain games too reliant on the Wiimote to be effective without something to replace it accurately.