Search results

1. Wulf

Worklog Wulf's Super-Amazing Portable WiiU

Bask, gentlemen. Bask. Two 7.4v batteries in series. If anybody needs me to go more in-depth i to this ground-breaking mod, just let me know.
  2. Wulf

Question Soldering to the PCB on Classic Controller, soldering question

I've been dabbling at this for a while now. I've got a Classic Controller split in half, and I'm attempting to bridge the gap for each connection by scraping off the green stuff and soldering to the PCB. A trained eye could probably even look at each connection and tell the order I did them in...
  3. Wulf

Dual Shock 4, modding/hooking?

Not portablizing, but definitely modding-related. Right now, I'm running a TwitchPlaysBloodborne on PS4 - I'm doing this with a hacked RemotePlay app being fed fake controller data. It works pretty well, but trying to enter frame-accurate commands only has about a 50% success rate due to the...
  4. Wulf

Question PortablizeMii, still capable of DVDs?

Does PortablizeMii completely disable the drive, or does it just allow it to fail gracefully if absent? I'm modding a batch of 4 Wiis without Portablizing, but liked the final result of PortablizeMii. Will they still be able to play disc games if I go that route?
  5. Wulf

Question Casual attempt at pWii, various questions

I picked up a used Wii last night for $30 with a vague goal of portablizing it. My only experience with making things portable so far has been on a pNES (I may be more in love with making the acronyms than actually doing the work), which was a great learner system. Pics here for anyone that...