Search results

1. Ross Fiamingo

Worklog Single Handed Gameboy Colour aka The Gamee Lanister

So my GBBoy colour arrived and i gotta say the build quality on the thing is pretty okay. It plays all my old gameboy games fine and screen is nice and bright, the resolution is a bit ehhhh but for the most part its a pretty good buy of $50 I took it apart and probed around a bit with a...
  2. Ross Fiamingo

Well my pcb is done although i anticipate probably forgetting one or two things, i always do, off to jlcpcb and hopefully my other parts from china get here soon too.
  3. Ross Fiamingo

Worklog The WaluWiigi 2.0 (final name)

Dude... I solder for a living, and have been doing so for like 10 years, i could not do that, that is art. I have never seen such well done rework.
  4. Ross Fiamingo

update #3 all parts ordered and waiting for them before i start my cadding circuit for switch joystick is done and now Ive started work on a charging solution for a 18650 cell with a 3v regulated supply out. Im using a pretty common charge IC the TP4056 and a 3.3v buck converter which ive used...
  5. Ross Fiamingo

Post your workstation!

desk is a Ikea table that I stained and painted the legs. The monitor stand is like 4 bits of wood I cut and screwed together. Mechanical keyboard has cherry blues but I much prefer browns. Monitor is a 29inch ultrawidescreen which is so helpful for circuit design when you can have data sheet up...
  6. Ross Fiamingo

Yeah Connectors especially FPC connectors are notoriously always missing from ultralibrarian fortunately i remembered EasyEDA has all of LCSC parts as library parts and i found a FPC connector that should work well. I should thank you since you are the one who got the pinout for the switch...
  7. Ross Fiamingo

Right you are Aurelio i just had another look at the LM239 datasheet and it seems it sinks the output to ground anyway, YAY less components. The real challenge looks like it is going to be making the part for the flex cable connector in eagle. Not my strong point.
  8. Ross Fiamingo

update update update did a bit of research on how the switch joystick works and how i might make that into a digital on or off for the gameboy buttons the handy dandy COMPARATOR CIRCUIT don't mind the terrible schematic lm239 is just a quad op amp hooked up to the cheapest switching npn...
  9. Ross Fiamingo

Hi Everybody I had been perusing the forum for a while and noticed a build comp. Having just finished off a fairly big electronics project i thought what the hey, I should give it ago. My idea isn't the biggest or most grandiose but i believe it will be fun, challenging and completable...
  10. Ross Fiamingo

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi Guys, I came across this forum and i was blown away by the quality of content here, you guys are insanely good at what you do, i signed up right away and i thought i might have a go at designing something for the build contest. So hi everyone im ross. pleased to meet you.