Search results

1. Cyclos787

The Wavecube

I started my first portable in spring of 2020, I designed it with the goal of making something that felt and looked as close to an official Nintendo product as I could get. The result was the Wavecube: Specs: - Frankencased shell from original Wavebird plus 3D printed PLA internals housing...
  2. Cyclos787

Question Short on 5v Regulator

I'm putting together the last bits of my portable and I noticed I had continuity between 5V and ground. I disconnected USB, screen, and all my 5V components and the short was still there, so I determined it was on the regulator. I stripped all the components off the 5V regulator and tested and...
  3. Cyclos787

Question PAM8803 amp with switching headphone output?

So I'm finally putting all of my parts together to finish up my portable and I realized that my audio amp (PAM8803) is supposedly not designed to be used with a headphone out. Are there ways around this? I saw in a few threads suggestions to put a stereo pot from the Wii's audio to the PAM8803's...
  4. Cyclos787

Worklog First portable: The Wavecube

Hey everyone, I've been interested in portablizing for a couple years, and just recently I have acquired most of the parts and tools I need to make my first portable. I have now been working on it for a couple of months, although I am moving slowly and carefully as this is my first big...