Search results

1. KamenSqwirl

Question Saving Files (scrapes, cfg, etc) to SSD

Back again. I'm still in the planning stage, so: I'm considering going a different route with the controller now. I've got a knock-off wired Switch controller that I've been using with my Pi for a while now and I like it. Turns out its absurdly easy to disassemble as well. Its got big juicy...
  2. KamenSqwirl

Worklog The Retro Dream - RetroPie in a Dreamcast VMU

OOooo. This is a cool idea! Can't wait to see it.
  3. KamenSqwirl

Question "GameGirl" GameBoy Color Screen Protector

Exactly what I needed. I'm going to order several when he has more lol
  4. KamenSqwirl

Worklog The Beginning: a.k.a. I dont know how to solder

Alright. I have trimmed and sanded down the board (the pictures attached are before I sanded or cleaned it up) to what I think is a pretty good size, and it fits just right into the item I want to use as my case. I wasn't originally going to trim this far so this drastically changes my plans...
  5. KamenSqwirl

That explains why I couldnt find the information that i was looking for, I was searching for the wrong thing. This will do it for me, I think. Thanks!
  6. KamenSqwirl

Second question: I've seen very little documentation about wiring up joycon sticks to be used as analogs in portable projects. I have.... a great deal... laying around. Any information on that would be appreciated too.
  7. KamenSqwirl

Hey Guys and Girls, I have a raspberry 4 that I've been using in a cabinet for a bit, and now I want to move it to a portable. Everything is going well so far, but it keeps running out of space. I have a 64gb card to boot from and a 5tb SSD that I have my roms/etc mounted on. The problem is...
  8. KamenSqwirl

Im thinking that i should give trimming the board (at least for practice) a go now. I wonder what the chances are that I may find and trim away the problem lol. Basically, is it possible that with a complete trim, the board may work again?
  9. KamenSqwirl

Thanks Smeags, I appreciate the info. I'm going to try it when I rewire it. So! I haven't given up. I'm currently (like right this second) desoldering my mess and cleaning the board. I'm pretty sure I shorted it, and unless I fixed it without noticing when I desoldered the cart relocation...
  10. KamenSqwirl

So.... I rewired/redid my cartridge relocation and finally plugged it in and started it up. There was a little 'POP' and then the red indicator light slowly faded away.... Looks like I shorted it... :< Next I'll try to see if I can bring it back and try my best to fix the solder joints that I...
  11. KamenSqwirl

Turns out its both lol. And now that I look at it again, it seems small enough to be redundant to try and trim it, I guess.... EDIT: [Added new photo] I did some more soldering last night and I have another question. First, I'm likely going to have to re-solder parts of it as I trim and test...
  12. KamenSqwirl

I have another question (im still working on the cart, and my next step is to start trimming), about the screen this time. I ordered this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019GQS3UC (because cheap), and it seems to work well (so far). I'm curious as to whether or not the board can be...
  13. KamenSqwirl

I've made progress with the soldering and got some practice in on other (work-related) projects recently, I'll update the worklog on that soon. Next I want to work on the wiring and battery. Now, I've seen the BOM and know what I can purchase one, but I have a big slew of electronics just...
  14. KamenSqwirl

Question PSP Mods

I couldn't decide if this should go here or in the Sony forum, but in the end I chose here. So, I've stumbled across a metric buttload of (mostly faulty) PSPs and gotten a few back in working order. I've added some to The Collection as is, but I want to mod one of them. So my question is this...
  15. KamenSqwirl

Oh, don't worry lol, Im gonna trim it further than that. I just got another motherboard recently, so I feel a bit more at ease about making mistakes. xD And yes, I'm working with a super cheapo Wal-Mart soldering iron and (rather) large wiring lol. Guess I should step up and switch to magnet...
  16. KamenSqwirl

That may be my best option... and I have a spare or two lying around to attempt on.
  17. KamenSqwirl

So I started work on my N64P (yet to be named). Its been slow going, but I'm making a bit of progress each day. I've ordered/found (most of) my parts and so far I've only broken down the board. In the pic, I've marked (a tiny bit of) where I'm going to cut. But I want to get the cart relocation...
  18. KamenSqwirl

Hi all, So, I'm looking into modding (just a shell and button replacement) a GBC to give to my niece. And I wanted to make it a 'GameGirl', rather than a Gameboy. Of course, I cant find a mockup at the moment (I'll post one in an edit when I find it), but basically, I need to find a GBC screen...
  19. KamenSqwirl

Discussion Helpful Food Budgeting

Wow. Best stumble-upon thread ever! I'm living on my own now and haven't caught the hang of it yet and I went the Ramen route every time to save money on groceries. Not anymore lol. Wish we had had home ec still.