Search results

1. Question How to find best screen size to use

I made my wii case from a original gameboy case and joycon housings and I’m not sure how big screen i should choose Best case scenario I would like to have the screen cover the whole part with sharpie. If someone could help me with the right screen to use or link one that would be the right...
  2. Question How to keep case buttons in same place

My wii case uses the Abxy buttons from the Nintendo switch controllers and the letters keep rotating so I was wondering what is your he best way to keep them in place
  3. Question best program to make diagram for where all the wires and stuff connect to parts of a portable

i am making a wii portable and before i start i want to make a diagram that shows where every part and i was wondering what the best program for that would be
  4. Question compiling pcbs

i want to make a pcb with every board i need in one piece and then i want to add some ribbon cables and stuff so its cleaner is it as easy as putting all the pcbs i need in one board redirecting the wires to the ribbon cable connectors?
  5. Question pcb populating

i want to make a wii portable but i dont want to spend 60$ on a hot air station that i will only be using for a couple of custom pcbs and not much else so i was wondering if anyone would be willing to populate a couple of pcbs for me i need a gc+, gmans power regulator, Jacksons's audio amp and...
  6. Question general help with Wii trimming stuff

i have started to plan out my wii portable but i need to know a few things first 1 i have a 6 layer board but im not sure where i connect the usb vias to on the usb pcb 2 im not sure where to connect the gc plus to my wii motherboard and where on the gc plus do i connect the power and the wire...
  7. Question can someone print my 3d wii case?

i am looking to make my first wii portable but i don't want to spend 100 dollars for it from somewhere like Shapeways which is even more because i live in Canada I am looking to print gmans g-wii case but slightly modified in white and i live in Calgary Canada link to all files...
  8. Question what wire to use for regs?

what guage wire do i use for the custom regulators? and does it have to be different guages for 1v 1.5v 3v and 5v or just the same wire size for each?
  9. Question help with populating pcbs

i want to make gmans power management board and an audio jack pcb but i don't have a hot air station so how possible would it be to solder all the components on to the board with a soldering iron because i dont really want to spend 100$ on a hot air station. or if anyone knows a method more...
  10. Question u10 relocation

is the trace i have to cut for u10 s new spot the same place on a 6 layer motherboard?
  11. Question where to get a red bms/pmb

in most of the portable wiis people use red bms or pmb's and i dont know what kind it is, or where to find it. could someone send me a link of where i can get it. im looking for one. im looking for one that supports 2p 2s 7.4v batteries
  12. Question help trimming wii and what cutting a trace is

can i leave in the av out and power right now so i can test my trim without a screen and stuff and will it still power with that? and is cutting a trace completeley cutting a wire so it isnt connected anymore or just making the wire exposed? i got the u10 unsoldered but i burnt the top a bit...
  13. Question i cant get cheese installer to load

every time i try to load cheese installer i get the text that says it is loading and then i get a "no emunand detected" message and it closes automatically i formatted both my sd card and usb stick to fat32 in 32kb clusters but it still doesnt work Edit: nevermind i was just using a 1gb sd...
  14. Question Can i fit a ps2 portable in a GameBoy sp or advance case?

I want to make a ps2 portable but I am already making a wii one and I want to keep this one relatively cheap I want to use a smaller screen and use a premade case instead of 3D printing, and the gameboy sp and advance looked perfect for that but if I need to 3D print I’d rather wait until I...
  15. Question does the sd card slot need to be relocated?

I'm making the g-wii and there is a slot on the case for the sd card but if i dont need the sd card slot i would rather modify the case and add a hdmi out to use it as a home console as well as a portable. and if i could do this how would i add hdmi output if it even is possible. and would i...
  16. Question how to use usb type c as charge port on portable

i want to put a usb c charge/play port in my portable, i have seen some portables with usb type c and im wondering if it is as easy as just buying a usb c female pcb like this one...
  17. Question best place to get a case 3d printed

i am making a wii portable and i need to print the case but shapeways was one of the only options i found and just the front alone is 55$ and since i live in canada it is even more, so does anyone know of someone where i could get it cheaper and what the best kind of plastic is for printing...
  18. Question where to get a powermii pcb

i was looking on this fourm and found a powermii (not the powermii lite) used in a portable build and i wanted to get one for my portable but all i could find was a post by Aurelio asking if anyone wanted to buy one but that was 2 years ago so could someone could tell me where i could buy it now...
  19. Question what do wii vga patches do?

im a bit confused what they do , i am making a g-wii console (https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/g-wii-cad-files.2319/) and in the post gman says that the screen he used looks great with these vga patches so do the patches improve screen quality, add a vga output to the console or...
  20. Question help with portable wii regulators

i have looked for a while on this page about setting up the main trimmed motherboard part and im not sure how to use custom regulators or how to make them i just want the ones that make the trimmed board boot up so im assuming its mostly the same but i cant find any guides on this or how to...