Search results

1. Green_Saint

Worklog Unnamed Wii Portable 2nd attempt

No I do have the resistors soldered on, you can see it at the back behind that bit with the label on, and yeah I have both negative's on the inner side since I saw an image with them like that
  2. Green_Saint

I just want to make sure that I solder everything correctly on the custom regs this time so to be crystal clear. I connect positive in into the input, negative goes into the middle pin (ground I think?) then output connects to where they need to be, and finally I can connect all the regs...
  3. Green_Saint

Oh, I figured since I went through some layers I thought it was dead. I'll sand it soon
  4. Green_Saint

Well I got a new board but while cutting it this happened, should I assume the board is dead?
  5. Green_Saint

Owch... well that sucks, I kinda can’t get a hold of another Wii right now so I guess this is going back on hold for me : /
  6. Green_Saint

Wait I did do that... why did I do that XD I must of just been on autopilot soldering the wires on ahahaha. Well I’ll get those soldered off but with checking my regs, when I try to with my multimeter I end up with a different number every time or they will all have the same number of resistance...
  7. Green_Saint

Okay I just tested it now and after a long amount of time I still had a blank screen :( Here's a picture of my regs, I'm assuming negative connects to the middle pin while positive is connected to the input pin right?
  8. Green_Saint

Well I'm not 100% sure but I might of left it for about 10-15 seconds. I'll give it another go either in a second or tomorrow since right now I'm just cleaning up some areas that looked iffy. I took the USB off of the chunk of board I had it on too just in case there was something happening there
  9. Green_Saint

Okay, been a while since I last was here but life kinda got busy. I've been back working on my portable for about a week now. I got the board cut and power regulators wired up so I could test the board. Got nothing onscreen unfortunately so I'm guessing I got a short somewhere, here are some...
  10. Green_Saint

Yeah, I'll definitely get to shortening them and removing the legs. Yeah I noticed that you could solder to those by looking at others but that was after I had done mine I'll give it a go tomorrow. Thanks
  11. Green_Saint

Okay so I know it's been a little while but uni got a little hectic before my Christmas break. Anyways, I received everything that bought just under a week ago and to be honest I was pretty worried how things would turn out so I put it off for a few days, but I finally started and finished the...
  12. Green_Saint

Nice that's all good then, I'm assuming it's a one time thing or am I going to need to short it every time? I've received most of the things I'm going to need, now just waiting on on a few more bits and then I can begin.
  13. Green_Saint

Fourth times the charm, for some reason I thought that it needed to be a 2A one and not any of the other but I checked out the other PCB mentioned on that list and it was a 3A one, it is basically Identical to the one that is UK based, if not I'm gonna give up and just get the one from the US...
  14. Green_Saint

Oh yeah I do remember that, I Just realised that eBay is a thing, only reason I listed those other ones as they had better delivery times, I've found a UK equivalent to the one in the BOM, this bad boy should be good right?
  15. Green_Saint

BOM? Sorry for my noobism
  16. Green_Saint

Lol noted, guess I'll go with the Panasonic ones XD. So i'll need a charge protection unit, I think the one that I listed earlier was for only one battery, This one is for 4 batteries but I'm assuming It would work with just 2? I wouldn't mind if I have to use 4 though since I'm not interested...
  17. Green_Saint

Nice, and yeah those were the batteries that I attempted to use before. The thing is is that I'd rather go the route of getting a pack just due to its convince (and being noobie friendly), by capacity are you referring to the mAh? because on the pack I listed it does state that its 5200mAh. Does...
  18. Green_Saint

About over a year ago I attempted to make my very own portable for the first time, however things went pretty badly and it was mostly due to the fact that I was trying to do this without the proper tools I needed, so here I am to try again, however this time I'd like to do this properly. I've...
  19. Green_Saint

Turns out I left my account saying I was a female

Turns out I left my account saying I was a female
  20. Green_Saint

Worklog Yet Another Wii Portable (Green_Saints Portable)

Well I attempted to sand it but all I have is grade 40 sandpaper so I'll have to get some grade 600 I guess and I dont have a multimeter so I'll get one of those too