Search results

1. Question Name change help

Hello mods, Is there any way for me to change my name on here? I'm looking to use my newer name instead of the old one I made when I was 14 lol.
  2. Worklog Open PS2 -placeholder name

Hello everyone, A Long-time viewer here. The bug bit me a few years ago and I spent close to 2k on a 3d printer and components to make a ps2 portable, got it 90% working, then abandoned the project due to life happening. It was a spaghetti of wires on the inside. I only trimmed the USB ports...
  3. Resistor selection for buck converter (PLEASE HELP)

I've been banging my head against a wall with these docs for 3 days now and I can't for the life of me figure out what resistors to select for R3 Since R4 seems to always be set at 15k in all their diagrams, and I haven't the slightest clue what the Vripple is which is apparently necessary for...
  4. Question power delivery question

Hello all, I've been hard at work trying to figure out a few things for the custom PCB's I'm working on and I have some massive gaps in my knowledge about electrical engineering, a few years ago I looked at custom regulators as magic and now I'm trying to make one for the ps2. I found a few...
  5. Discussion parts avaliability

Hello all, I'm researching chips and other components to buy but I'm noticing pretty much every single listing online shows literally over a year of wait time to MAYBE get stock. but I see a tonne of people here still building custom pcbs, is there a secret place I don't know about where you...
  6. Question ps2 portable v2

Hello everyone, A few years ago I made a ps2 portable, tonnes of wire, barely trimmed the board, never got the face buttons to work and gave up on them because of spaghetti wiring, but it worked and it made me so happy. Recently I woke up and decided that it wasn't good enough and that I can do...
  7. Question ps2 joystick portable alternatives and switch fan???

So I got a deal on amazon for 2 joysticks for a nintendo switch and the little clasps on the back (the plastic ones become faulty after a while) but I have no use for the joysticks, so my question is since I'll have them, is there any way to use them with a ps2 controller? They do have x, y...
  8. Question Ps2 not turning on

I was done making the portable but some buttons weren't working great and the joysticks needed new mounting solutions.... I left the project last night, tested it out today and it's no longer working all of a sudden, checked all connections and even unsoldered everything on the board that I'd...
  9. Question Fan for portable ps2

Is a fan needed for the portable PS2? I've tested out the console in open air for a full 3 hours with just a heat-sink and no shielding but it didn't freeze up in game or anything, worked just fine, the question is will it have any issues in a closed enclosure? I'm using the stock heat-sink...
  10. Getting something out?

How do you force yourself to just get the stupid thing out and stop tweaking and changing stuff over and over? I've printed each side of the case 4 times now and keep changing little things (first project) and then get on here and see the amazing job everyone is doing and feel like I should be...
  11. Worklog Ps2 portable no title yet honestly

Alright so I'll be updating this as a journal almost maybe? Anyway, I'm actually nearing the end of the process (unless the 3D model I made ends up being really horrible which so far it doesn't look too bad). Let me take you through the process of making it so far though. Before I start though...