Search results

1. Kanelot

Solved [GC+] A question regarding double tact

Hey!! Today, I finally soldered up my GC+ in an attempt to finish this project today, but to my dismay even though i think I ordered the version of the GC+ with resisters presoldered for the double tact mod, my soft press doesn't seem to be registering at all for either L or R? On my testing...
  2. Kanelot

Solved Any good GC games for LR audio test?

Hi! Title says it all- about to seal up my first portable, but want to make sure I've got my audio wired up correctly! Anyone know of games where I could make sure that my left speaker is getting left channel audio and vice versa? (also to make sure my audio isnt bridged and i'm not getting mono...
  3. Kanelot

New York City summer meetup?

Hi! I thought it would be fascinating to meet some other portabilizing enthusiasts while I'm interning in New York for the summer, considering the amount of spare time I'll have to build, I thought it might be a great way to share some skills and experience! This is open invite, but if people...
  4. Kanelot

Solved Screen board swap??

Hi all, I've got two screens here, unsure if he resolution on one, KNOW the resolution (480) of the other. One has a display controller board on it that's huge and takes in hdmi, vga, composite and many other connections (only using it for composite). I epoxied this screen into the case, but it...
  5. Kanelot

Solved Mounting speakers

Hi all, Unclear if this should be here or in a more general console modding area - wondering about advice for mounting speakers inside a case to prevent buzzing? My speakers are relatively large, and tend to have some pretty intense shaking when hitting against anything. Would anyone recommend...
  6. Kanelot

Solved C stick axis flipped and decreased sensitivity? (Maybe GC+)

Hello all, Today I was wiring up my controls to my new GC+ board and found, to my great surprise, that while everything else works like a charm my C-stick appears to have the X and Y axis flipped, both with very decreased sensitivity. I followed the gamecube joystick pinout for my wiring and...
  7. Kanelot

Discussion Wireless multiplayer prototyping

I've been working on a portable for a long time now, and I'm on my way to mounting the last few buttons (!!!!), but before I put the finishing touches on this bad boy and close it up, I want to put in some hardware for the offchance I scavenge up enough time to forge another portable, I can use...