Search results

1. Elektix

Worklog N64 Portable V3

A couple of updates pics. Nothing major, the case has been a steep learning curve with SLA. Results so far have been satisfying; total of five Easter egg sprites if you're looking for them ;) Still getting fitment to where I want it, had the odd bit of chipping to small bits inside, but...
  2. Elektix

Worklog N64 Portable V3

Honestly, definitely give them a go. I bought them on a whim, didn't expect much and forgot I'd even bought them :awesome:. But they are so much more robust than I ever imagined. They really do stick solid to the carbon pill and feel like they'd like last. Not like a sticky back foil (which is...
  3. Elektix

Worklog N64 Portable V3

Beautiful people of the Bitbuilt forum, Amongst my many packages that have arrived recently, one from the mystical land of China has arrived after only a month of waiting... If like me, you're short of cash... or just tight as a ducks arse... but wish to still get the most authentic tactile...
  4. Elektix

Worklog N64 Portable V3

First print... "If ya squint... it's mint" :awesome: Lots of learning still to do. Dimensionally, some bits are all over the place. Idiotically I didn't think resins would obviously be thermoset, so need to oversize all of the insert holes and glue them instead. Supports were all over the...
  5. Elektix

Worklog N64 Portable V3

Few weeks and a couple of updates. I've been through a couple of screen support structure changes to accommodate the new PCB's. I designed, ordered and tested four custom PCB's. Power distribution board Picoblade and FPC distribution board Controller board D-Pad/ Logic gate board The above...
  6. Elektix

Worklog N64 Micro

I better start designing my V4 case before I've finished my V3! With the ability to squeeze all power management and audio amp onto the same board; as well as removing the need for quite so many breakout boards/ adding FPC connectors directly to the board... The possibilities for form factor are...
  7. Elektix

Worklog N64 Portable V3

So, 3D support material arrived today; so internal support structure was printed and my missing upper corner bracket system was also printed. Fitment was better than expected. Buttons have been SLA printed at a stupidly fine resolution. Took around 9 hours to print them, but they look...
  8. Elektix

Worklog N64 Portable V3

That's because it was your V3 that was my absolute favourite design that inspired to take up the hobby back in the day! My first design was quite rough, so I've not posted pictures, but was inspired by Sifuf; but in all instances when I was building them back then I clearly gave credit to...
  9. Elektix

Worklog N64 Portable V3

Little PCB sneak peak for you beautiful people!
  10. Elektix

Worklog N64 Portable V3

So, picked up my print today after 30 hours on print. Not the best result; any advice on finishing a case would be appreciated. I'm going to build an acetone vapour bath and do some test bits in there; I'll also look at sanding, filling and spraying one of the early cases to see what the...
  11. Elektix

Release F64 Controller Relocation PCB (NUS-CNT & FRAM Fusion)

Ah thanks for the quick response! I'm building the board on KiCad as I type, so brilliant timing! I'll be sure to follow your schematic to the letter :D
  12. Elektix

Release F64 Controller Relocation PCB (NUS-CNT & FRAM Fusion)

Thankyou for putting the files up! The chipset footprints are extremely welcomed! I'm building my own bespoke board at the moment with tacts on the reverse. I've noticed you've included an additional 3x 10k resistors vs the usual diagram and an extra 1Uf capacitor? Is there any specific...
  13. Elektix

Worklog N64 Portable V3

Thanks for the replies chaps :) I'm not fussed about removing it if needs be, but I ran the board all the way down to 4.4v before it cut out; so I might just leave it be? hmmm, I'll have a poke about with the meter and decide from there. I've just replaced all the large capacitors with...
  14. Elektix

Worklog N64 Portable V3

I've rigged my screen up at 5v and it appears to work without removing one of the buck converters; what are peoples thoughts? Should I still remove the converter as per the guides on here or just wire it straight in with 5v? :rothink:
  15. Elektix

Worklog N64 Portable V3

So some updates! I've spent a ridiculous amount of time continuing with the CAD model. I did a preliminary print after my last post which highlighted a lot of snags (and ugly print issues despite being printed on a stupidly expensive professional printer). Custom heatsink has been made, albeit...
  16. Elektix

[FS] Squishy Tacts (SKEYAJA010) & Dual-Action Tacts (TMHF07)

Sorry for the silly question, but I'm trying to find better shoulder switch for my portable N64; I have squishy tacts currently, and I'm not getting the most 'positive' feedback from them. What are the dual tacts like? Are they more like a 'clicky' type? Any recommendations? :)
  17. Elektix

Worklog N64 Portable V3

Evening folks, Progress has been both slow and yet I've achieved more in the past week than I have in the past decade trying to get this off the ground again! As a typical engineer I am TERRIBLE at documenting things, but with my hyper focus currently in overdrive at the moment, I've thrown...
  18. Elektix

Worklog First N64 Portable - N64HH Build

You absolute star! :D:D I thought I'd already found as much info as I could on these screen boards; definitely think it could do with a sticky/ compendium of all the variants. I'm guessing the jumper between the capacitor and the surface mount component was needed after removing L1?
  19. Elektix

Apologies, I had to rewrite my message yesterday after my browser refreshed unexpectedly; I was meant to have said: Were you not able to get the Screen Board to boot off 5v. I've got the same screen and exact same control board, but haven't tried it on 5v yet...
  20. Elektix

I'm guessing you couldn't get the board to boot on 5V? I have the exact same board and was hoping the buck converter would cope with 5V input... What's the additional links for from the capacitor if I may ask?