Search results

1. Aero_Knight

Worklog Portable Genesis "PG" (ATGames Moddification)

Unfortunately all my extra CAD time has been absorbed by a really cool proposal that I am trying to get done so I haven't worked on my case in a while. I did find my good voltmeter so I can check the amp draw when I get time. My old dollar tree backup meter was stacking amps so it was clear that...
  2. Aero_Knight

I uploaded some of the basic dimensions (in imperial) of the boards up top to give you a general feel of it. Heights can vary and can probably be parsed from the images worst case. I do plan on making actual dimension drawings when I am done and have time. I am debating if I want to kind of skip...
  3. Aero_Knight

Thanks for the support! It has been slow this past week as work projects have take priority obviously. I am aiming for the 3.5" screen just because I felt like it but honestly it probably should be a 4 or 5" as to not strain the eyes to much. I left all my stuff at work since that is where I can...
  4. Aero_Knight

Color changing material with the printer is amazing. Still need to tweak some layer splitting issues. Need to enclose the printer to help with that.
  5. Aero_Knight

Follow up on this, after some research, I do not believe this ATGames model has the same issue as all ATGames Genesis models made since the linked article have the fix applied at the manufacturing level. I personally haven't had any audio issues with the games I have played on it and I haven't...
  6. Aero_Knight

VGA to SCART: http://members.optusnet.com.au/eviltim/scart.htm

VGA to SCART: http://members.optusnet.com.au/eviltim/scart.htm
  7. Aero_Knight

To start you can go PS2 to SCART then SCART to VGA. Then you can try bypassing the SCART all...

To start you can go PS2 to SCART then SCART to VGA. Then you can try bypassing the SCART all together. This site has nice breakouts I think: http://members.optusnet.com.au/eviltim/gamescart/gamescart.htm
  8. Aero_Knight

I have I did hear there is an audio issue with these consoles. I’ll have to look into this particular one and see if it’s something fixable. Thanks for the link. Audio is near the bottom on my priority list until I have to add the screen and speakers in Phase III.
  9. Aero_Knight

Tested the Phase I design today (pictures added to main post) without hardwiring the IR with great success. Console still worked and the controller worked as well. I did damag the IPB leads a bit as the material holding the traces down is clearly cheap junk. However I was able to work around it...
  10. Aero_Knight

Updated Main Post with Pictures, May update again today if CAD models are finished!
  11. Aero_Knight

I know the IR thing might be a pain in the butt but I have a backup idea should I fail at bypassing the IR all together. I really wanted to restrict buying separate parts as much as possible. If someone wanted to do the same mod, they would only need the base console purchase and NOT have to get...
  12. Aero_Knight

ORIGINAL CONSOLE: SEGA Genesis Base Product: ATGames SEGA Genesis Classic Game Console (Kohls Release 2016) Base Components: ATGames Console, 2 IR Basic Genesis Controllers Base Price: $49.99 (2018) Overall Goal: Portablize the ATGames SEGA Genesis Classic Console using as much base hardware...
  13. Aero_Knight

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hello everyone! I am new and got here from watching Shank and Madmorda vids. I am curious if there is a thread on Genesis and the Mini Genesis boards. I was thinking of making a mess of my mini and turning it into a portable. I know there are probably easier emulation based pii projects for it...