Search results

1. AlecM7

Worklog The DVDii

Small update here, I got WiFi working finally, which was kinda holding things up since I wanted to mount the module to the back of the trim before installing it into the case. I was almost ready to give up on it, but then I found that one of the data lines was shorted to ground in a really hard...
  2. AlecM7

Worklog The DVDii

Oof. It has been a LONG time since I posted on this buildlog. There's a bunch of stuff that's happened in the time between when I last posted and now, so lets get to it! First of all, I got my screen, and dang was it packaged well! It seems to be working fine except for a single green stuck...
  3. AlecM7

Worklog G-Wii: My First Electronics Project

This is really weird, because I've been having the exact same problem where when I go to trim the AV connector off everything gets messed up afterwards. On my first board it broke BGAs underneath the chips. My theory is that trimming this part of the board off flexes it in a way that messes up...
  4. AlecM7

Guide How to program your GC+ board

Good to know! I was programming mine with a genuine PICkit V3 that I was borrowing from someone. I'll add a something about that right now :) Another thing I noticed is that you might be able to set the voltage setting to something like 4.675 so that the programmer doesn't care about...
  5. AlecM7

Guide How to program your GC+ board

I decided to make a guide on how to properly program your new unprogrammed GC+ board after having a number of issues programming mine. If you bought a GC+ from someone, you don't need to use this guide at all. This is for unprogrammed GC+ boards ONLY. Go to...
  6. AlecM7

Worklog G-Wii: My First Electronics Project

Really all you need to get a trim booting are PTH08080 regulators. Any other kind really won't work too well (trust me I tried the cheap ones you can get off of amazon for like $5). There's plenty of guides on BitBuilt for how to get your trim working, etc... If you haven't seen it yet, there's...
  7. AlecM7

FS: Wii NAND relocation flex board

Weird flex but ok
  8. AlecM7

Worklog The DVDii

Thanks! I definitely want to redo the wiring on it sometime, but it seems to be working great for now. I have to agree that the top of it looks ridiculously clean :D It's definitely not the easiest way to make a board for PTHs, but it's faster than designing and sending one to OSHpark.
  9. AlecM7

Worklog The DVDii

Yeah, I'm planning on gluing the potentiometers, I just wanted to make sure the voltages were okay before doing that. That's a good idea with the kapton tape, I have some laying around, but I didn't think to use it for that. I was considering hot glue, but that's a pain in the butt to remove.
  10. AlecM7

Release Wii native VGA - version 1.5

Yep:
  11. AlecM7

That's definitely the issue. When in doubt, go by the text, not the colors.
  12. AlecM7

You do have a ground wire, right? Also, your image is broken.
  13. AlecM7

I do remember getting WiFi working at the same time as the VGA mod, but I don't know how the heck it was working, since I installed the remove WiFi IOSes mod right before testing it. Also, is there a way to check whether the system can see the wifi module before flashing the IOSes that require...
  14. AlecM7

Worklog The DVDii

Okay, so I have a huge update today. Over the last week(ish) I'd been trying to get my old trim work, and after failing, I moved on to a second CPU-40 board. After removing parental controls, getting my PortablizeMii install stable, and doing the U10 relocation, I was ready to trim the 2nd...
  15. AlecM7

You might want to try redoing your H-sync and V-sync lines on the AVE, since it looks like your monitor is still getting signal, but isn't able to lock onto it properly. If you used magnet wire, it's entirely possible that it's broken off of the pins partially.
  16. AlecM7

I think the way I got it working again was by rerunning the cheese installer again after installing the priiloader VGA patch. Then select "add back wifi IOSes". You'll probably have to change your emunand to get it working in games. I'm really not qualified to give advice on this, since I don't...
  17. AlecM7

Rerun the Cheese installer, and select remove wifi IOSes. This installs the proper IOSes for the PriiLoader VGA installer to run.
  18. AlecM7

Are you sure you're running a ground line from any of your video sources to the driver board? A quick flash of garbled video is exactly what you'd get if you don't have one.
  19. AlecM7

Worklog The DVDii

Going all out with the Wii portable naming memes here :XD: