Search results

1. CakeB0ss

2021 Contest Entry: The Tomii

Alright, Gunnar generously received, poked, prodded, and tested the components that were giving me trouble. The PD and one of the PMS's were shot, which I had figured, but it was a relief to hear it from someone more capable of deciding that. He replaced one of the components on the second PMS...
  2. CakeB0ss

Alright, sorry for the lack of pics, but I spent the day troubleshooting my problems in the Discord. It's almost certain that I managed break not one, not two, but THREE pms boards :facepalm:. The most recent one, the one that frustrated me the night I made the previous post, is simply...
  3. CakeB0ss

Alright, I'm beginning to frustrate myself... I wired up the new PMS-2 to everything, after plenty of cleaning the board and preparing. Initially, it delivered power fine, the screen turned on, but the Wii didn't seem to boot. But before I could troubleshoot that, the PMS stopped delivering...
  4. CakeB0ss

Ahhh I based my wire purchases off of the G-Boy list and didn't notice it uses stranded. What's the reason for that preference? As for the resistances and LDO cuts, I troubleshot through those extensively at first and it all looks fine. The Wii seemed to boot fine off of the spare PMS-1 I had...
  5. CakeB0ss

Worklog BardRights's First Portable Build (Tomii)

https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/2021-contest-entry-the-tomii.4319/ Worklog is moving to the 2021 Summer Build Contest board~
  6. CakeB0ss

(moving my worklog post over here for the contest, mods don't kill me.) Hello! My name is BardRights AKA CakeB0ss AKA Thomas and I've begun working on my first portable build. After years of passing research and a couple of half-assed attempts, I'm finally ready to begin working on portablizing...
  7. CakeB0ss

Worklog BardRights's First Portable Build (Tomii)

Hello! My name is BardRights AKA CakeB0ss AKA Thomas and I'm starting my first portable build in the next few days. After years of passing research and a couple of half-assed attempts, I'm finally ready to begin working on portablizing a Wii. I hope this will be a really fun project to learn a...
  8. CakeB0ss

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hello! I'm very new to console hardmodding and electronics in general, and I'm starting my first Wii portable build this week. I hope to learn a lot, have fun with this project, and get a comfortable and effective portable console to play!