Search results

1. Worklog Preparing for my first portable

Thank you for your help, This is what i'm thinking of getting to start; 22 Gauge wire -https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C5DBKW6/?coliid=IGGZE8DZK0HSL&colid=12QXZQBR8O10O&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it 34 Gauge Copper Wire -...
  2. Worklog Preparing for my first portable

Hey everyone, I'm new to the portablizing scene. After seeing what y'all accomplished I couldn't resist joining in. The only problem is I have pretty much no experience with electronics. That being said to the best of my ability, I'v looked through all the guides on here attempting to grasp and...
  3. Question 14.8v Battery

Anyone know a good 14.8v battery to use on an untrimmed original wii? Looking to get around 2.5 to 3 hours play time with a 7 inch screen running on it as well. Also anyone know of a good 7inch screen that can run on 14.8v? any tips on wiring would be much appreciated as well, thank you! (if it...
  4. Question Advice on Wii Portable

Thank you, Also where is the BOM you spoke of prior, for part selection.
  5. Question Advice on Wii Portable

Thanks for the help! One question I had that I couldn't find the answer to was do you need to use custom regulators to use batteries, since that seems to be what everyone else does anyway since they go for the full on trimming.
  6. Question Looking into Building a Portable Wii

Thank you! Just trying to plan it out in my head and learn, not gonna start the actual build process till I feel at least a little confident about knowing what I'm doing.
  7. Question Advice on Wii Portable

So my plan to start out in learning this stuff is to pretty much take the disk drive out of a wii and everything else that isn't needed, and just add in probably a 7 inch screen to the side as well as speakers, a sensor bar, and batteries. In order to accomplish this I don't believe I need to...
  8. Question Looking into Building a Portable Wii

Thank you for the tips and encouragement, I'm gonna give it a go. Maybe ill create a beginners work log as well :awesome:.
  9. Question Looking into Building a Portable Wii

Hey, This is my first time posting so sorry if I don't know what i'm asking, but I'm looking to building a portable Wii, but I don't really know much about PCB's and like how to even move and rewire the USB ports on the Wii. How would I go about learning how to do all of this? I'm somewhat...