Search results

1. Question Help needed

Hello again. In my previous post I had some issues with the sound and nothing seemed to solve it, I tried multiple amps and speakers with no luck. That just left me with a solution, buy a new Wii and try again. I instaled PortablizeMii sucessfuly, trimmed the Wii and crossed my fingers. This...
  2. Question Audio Problem

Any other solutions I can try or is the board damaged? Dont know if I should just bin it and start over :'(
  3. Question Audio Problem

Thanks for the reply. Still no luck. Today I bought a portable speaker with aux in to see if there could be any problems with the previous amps/speakers but only static. I dont know what else it could be. The Wii was outputing normal sound on the tv when I was instaling the portablizemii... The...
  4. Question Audio Problem

Ok, after almost one month I finaly got a new amp, the pam8803 that @Festiva recomended. Only to find out that the same problem remains. I've rewired everything 3 times, changed the place of the amp to check if it could have some kind of interference with other components but still the same. But...
  5. Question Audio Problem

UPDATE: I've rewired the wires from the Wii to the amp hoping that it could have some sort of problem but no. Still static noise. But, I've let the Wii on for a while just to see if after some time the sound would work and something strange happened. After about 1 minute the static quickly...
  6. Question Audio Problem

Thanks for the reply. I double checked and it is not touching the 3rd pin. From this angle you cant see it but it is slightly curved to the front so it doesnt touch it. Also thanks for the new amp sugestion. I'll have a look :)
  7. Question Audio Problem

:( That sucks. I will recheck again the wiring tomorrow, maybe resolder the input wires on the amp, they could have cold joints, I dont know. If it still doesnt work I dont want to buy the same amp so if you got any sugestions for the amp I would apreciate it. Thanks for the reply
  8. Question Audio Problem

Anyone? Its the last step to finish the Wii and I really want it to work. Should I just try another amp or did I miss something on the wiring? Im lost :rothink:
  9. Question Audio Problem

Unfortunately it is wired correctly. The red , white and black wires on the left you are seeing in the 3rd picture are from the buttons. Also the buttons work fine wich confirms that I wired everything in the correct place. I've read in other posts that the snd pin should be connected to 5v but...
  10. Question Audio Problem

The audio comes from the first two pins below the ampaw chip on the Wii. Im using wire with ground, actually is a piece of wire cut from the AV wires that comes with the Wii. I use the same wire for video and works fine with no interference. As for pictures, I tried to take some of the amp...
  11. Question Audio Problem

Hello! I'm building my first portable Wii and everything is working well so far. Today I was doing the final assembly with everything connected and it turns on and works but there is an audio problem. To be honest this is the first time Im testing audio, should have done it before, now e...
  12. Solved Power Problem

Like I said in the comment, i figured out the problem. Thanks anyway :)
  13. Solved Power Problem

Update: I've connected the regs directly to a wall power suply of 12v and the regs work well. So my guess is that the problem comes from the bateries. Not sure why, the wiring was well done and it outputs 7.4v, but the moment i connect it to the regs it drops so low that its not enough to power...
  14. Solved Power Problem

Hello I've been working on my first portable for some time now and I got to the testing phase now. I want to see how much voltage the regs are outputing so I use my multimeter for the job. First I check how much voltage comes from the output of the cmb and I have around 7.4v. Then I connect the...
  15. Discussion Portablized Wii in Wii U Gamepad - gattering info for now

Hi! A little off topic but since we are talking about Wii u gamepad maybe you can help. I'm doing a Wii inside the Wii u gamepad and at the moment I'm wiring the buttons and analog sticks to the GC+. My question is if anyone has got the analog sticks pinout. I'm not sure were to wire the x and y...
  16. Solved Bluetooth Module Pad

Thanks for the reply. I ended up ordering a new bluetooth module because the power pads also came off. As soon as I aplied solder they stick to the solder blob and come off. I'll try to be more careful next time, they seem to be very fragile
  17. Solved Bluetooth Module Pad

Hello! Today I was starting to solder the bluetooth module and when I was tinning the test pads one of them came off. Acording to the trimming guide that pad was for gnd. My bluetooth module is a bit different from the one shown in the trimming guide so I'm not sure were I can get another place...
  18. Question My First Portable - Lots of Questions

Thank you!
  19. Question My First Portable - Lots of Questions

Did you wire it directly to the B+ pad? I need that clock for Pokemon channel :D Childhood game :awesome: