Search results

1. Kojo

Discussion Batteries

Thanks for the clarification guys!
  2. Kojo

Discussion Batteries

So I've noticed that 18450 cells are the way to go as long as they're connected to a a protection circuit, but if they get a short they can be pretty dangerous. I came across a vid that shows how to easily add insulation around each cell to prevent a short while working on it. It's a pretty...
  3. Kojo

Question Help! New into WiiPortable

Those Collin's Lab videos are great for knowing what you need to get started. I have a general idea of what I want to do for my portable but I'm currently using this practice kit to learn the basics of soldering properly, learn how to read resistor values, and how to remove ICs. It comes with a...
  4. Kojo

Question Calling all noobs (noob question thread)

If I'm planning on using 4 rechargeable 3.7V Li-ion battery cells, do I need 2 protection circuits?
  5. Kojo

Question Calling all noobs (noob question thread)

What's the best way to remove IC's like the U10 and U5?
  6. Kojo

Worklog RIIIIIP

Nice!
  7. Kojo

Question WiiPlacement(1st mod project)

Just the answer I needed! I can sync from the Wii menu just fine. Thanks! I'm going to try to get some of those WiiSX games working past the loading screen. If they don't work it's no biggie, but I am having one last issue where I can only control genesis games with the Wii Classic controller...
  8. Kojo

Has anyone run into this problem before? My softmod-Wii just isn't recognizing or syncing with my wiimotes anymore. I've tried 4 different ones with fresh batteries. -Can reformatting the usb and reinstalling the package too many times cause the Wii to not sync? I've done it twice so far: once...
  9. Kojo

Worklog RIIIIIP

Glad you're ok, man. I hope everything works out
  10. Kojo

Worked like a charm! Thanks!
  11. Kojo

Yep, the only outside app I have now is CleanRip, but I'm not sure if it works very well. Would just deleting the CleanRip file from the apps folder get rid of it? I also had homebrew browser about 2 weeks ago, but I think it was bugged or outdated because I kept having problems with it, so I...
  12. Kojo

Thanks Aurelio, I didn't think of any settings I could change. But I'm still getting nothing after disabling progressive and widescreen. What's supposed to happen when I run Nindendont from Homebrew Channel? I thought I'd try running a game from there, but loading Nintendont just gives me a...
  13. Kojo

Here's the file info. The extension's shown, and I don't think I added an extra one. Could there be an issue with the Nintendon't emulator in my pack?
  14. Kojo

I've finally gotten the chance to test out some GC isos using Dolphin and they seem to start up fine, so maybe I'm naming them the wrong? I'm following the directions from the detailed guide in the PortablizeMii section: games>Killer 7 [GK7E08]>game.iso and I'm still getting the same black...
  15. Kojo

I might be able to get my hands on a PC this weekend so I'll try the Dolphin and tell you the results. As for Kirby, it's not something that can't until it's sorted out, but a guide would be cool in case it came up with other games if you have time for it. Thsnks again
  16. Kojo

Oh ok. I got a message from Kirby's Epic Yarn that there wasn't enough internal storage, so it must be with just that game. RE4, NSMBWii, NoMoreHeroes, Twilight Princess and Naruto GNT Ex(the game that fried my original wii)seem to create save files just fine. Also, I've got the GC naming...
  17. Kojo

Thanks for everyone's help! I finally have my roms and ISOs running smoothly, so now I can re-build my library and put more research into building a portable one. Now that I can finally play Wii and GC games, is my softmodded one using internal memory for saves or should I get an SD card for that?
  18. Kojo

I'm in the last stage of getting my Wii softmod to work. I think I've done everything I can for my Wii games to be read correctly, but there's something I'm missing. So far I've: -Successfully hacked my Wii using PortablizeMii -Loaded the proper folders with SNES,PSX, and NES roms -Downloaded...
  19. Kojo

Worklog Shank's "First" Wii Portable Worklog: PiiWii Pocket

Smaller than the GC controller! I thought it'd have to be bigger with an internal sensor bar. Awesome work!
  20. Kojo

Discussion Custom GC controller board - interest check

I'm gonna need at least 1 to mess up on, so 2 for me