Search results

1. Chris P Nugget

Worklog Portable Wii #1: G-Wii Build

Bought a new 4-layer wii last night, will get re-started on the build next week. My heatsink and fan came in the mail yesterday lol, may have saved me earlier but oh well. This is what I bought for cooling, do you think it will be sufficient for cooling the system? I think it is the same size /...
  2. Chris P Nugget

Maybe like 5 times? Leaving it on for maybe 3-4 minutes just to confirm functionality, then turning it off and back on to test another game? I should also mention that before the batteries died the system was resetting on its own, but I attested that to the batteries being low (I think they were...
  3. Chris P Nugget

I think the CPU overheated, that might be the only explanation. It was getting pretty hot when I was testing it, but I thought I would be okay since I hadn't been leaving it on for more than five minutes at a time. I was turning it on and off though to test different games so maybe I wasn't...
  4. Chris P Nugget

Update. So I removed all of the connections except for the U10, re-sanded and still am getting .4ohms between the 1.15V line and ground. What gets powered by the 1.15V line that could have gone wrong? Pictures attached. Again I was soldering to those upstream vias for the USB connection, maybe...
  5. Chris P Nugget

Got some more games running after charging batteries so I think the USB issue is resolved... but I went to add some more games and then when I turned the system back on suddenly the 1.15V line is completely shorted to ground. Measured 0.4ohms and when the 1.15V line is connected from the RVL-PSU...
  6. Chris P Nugget

Pretty sure that did the trick! Got a couple games booting but now my batteries are dead lol so have to recharge them. Thanks for your help!
  7. Chris P Nugget

Unfortunately still no dice trying with a Sandisk Ultra 3.0 32 gig. Pretty sure the issue is not with my game files either. Will keep poking around though, let me know if you think of anything else!
  8. Chris P Nugget

Update, I'm waiting on my case before I can really make any more progress, because I'm not using the UAMP or PMS I might have to frankencase the insides a bit from the stock Gwii STL but I don't think it will be anything major. Also a big question, I'm having trouble booting into Gamecube...
  9. Chris P Nugget

Another update... sorry for all the posts.. I lifted the USB0 CM1 component when trying to solder the USB data lines. I could try and get that little guy oriented right and back on the board, but does anyone know if I can I use the USB1 port / CM2 component instead? Please say yes lol EDIT...
  10. Chris P Nugget

nvm i got it working... was tapping into composite video at the end of that big cap, and i switching to the actual node that goes to the connector and it worked like a charm! very stoked
  11. Chris P Nugget

What's up, figured I'd start a worklog for this project. It's probably going to be a long term project but I had some questions so I guess it makes sense to put them in a worklog. Feel free to move this post around somewhere if it's better suited elsewhere. I've made several Pi portables in...
  12. Chris P Nugget

Order Update

Great, thanks again!
  13. Chris P Nugget

Order Update

Hi, not sure if this belongs somewhere else but didn't know who / where to ask regarding a store order update. Ordered a couple boards from the store (order #1423) on 9/15, the BB store says they were shipped on 9/22 but USPS tracking says the items are still in pre-shipment, that a shipping...
  14. Chris P Nugget

Worklog Gwii rev2 16:9

Ah thanks so much guys!
  15. Chris P Nugget

Worklog Gwii rev2 16:9

Do you have CAD files for the GWii edited for 16:9? I've been looking for a composite 5 inch 4:3 ratio screen and have been coming up short. If not no worries!