Search results

1. Naimlessone

Worklog Naimlessones Black & Wiite WiiP

A little Update I've been pretty busy lately with some other projects and work and games, so I haven't gotten a whole lot accomplished. The U10 relocation did end up working fine with how I cut the trace. After ensuring that, I went ahead and trimmed the OMGWTF cut on the board, sanded...
  2. Naimlessone

Yeah, lesson learned on that front. I'll finish that and try it at least. If it works great, if not, onto the next victim.
  3. Naimlessone

Update: I dun goofed. Or maybe I got lucky. I got around to attempting the U10 relocation yesterday. Removed the U5 and surrounding components just fine. My attempt to 'cut' the trace per the trimming guide at the U5 location resulted in removing board material down to the next layer, copper...
  4. Naimlessone

Worklog Naimlessones Nameless N64 Portable

Yeah, The first couple of tries on the vacuum former where I was getting the hang of it didn't seem bad with no abs cement on it. I didn't trim the excess plastic off of it though. At least I learned not to do that with the ABS cement coating. I will be back to work on it though after I finish...
  5. Naimlessone

@DeoNaught, My Man! You are my Hero! I almost thought I would never get it. Thank you so much! You have no idea. Now I can finally get to work on the rest of this, and with Zeal! Thank you so much everyone who commented with suggestions as well. Really do appreciate it!
  6. Naimlessone

If the download a game, that I own already, it's either a .rar or .7z or whichever, I open AnyToISO, open the file, hit 'convert!' and it converts it to a .iso file. I then transfer from my PC to the usb. It's the only free app I could find that will convert a file the size of a GameCube game ...
  7. Naimlessone

So this project will be put on hold for a week or so, whenever I get around to ordering a new shipment of Plastic sheeting. I think I'm gonna try some polystyrene this time around. My two 'good' pulls went to crap on me. I think it was as @Jack Sasquatch had mentioned about my corners being so...
  8. Naimlessone

Question Carb board wii portable?

Just remember: sweaty palms.
  9. Naimlessone

I did try to refresh game cache after each change to no avail. I tried the show hidden games and locked and unlocked the Gamecube mode. Nothing. Refreshed the cache each time. Note: I'm using AnyToISO converter tool to convert all my .zip and .7z compressed files to .iso files Here's what my...
  10. Naimlessone

So, I think I found the issue with PM loading properly... I think the issue was with the fact that when I originally tried to soft mod the Wii, I noticed an error notification during the initial letterbomb setup. I posted for help here. Cheese helped me out there as well with the MMM.zip file...
  11. Naimlessone

Thanks for the responses. I did get Priiloader to come up each time by holding the reset button immediately after turning the console on. I did not, however, see anything in the trimming guides about a reset note other than connecting the blue reset via to ground to activate a reset. I also...
  12. Naimlessone

No go. Same problem. I tried restarting the system (by unplugging and replugging the PS) and instead of a black screen I would sometimes get the PM screen to come up and sometimes the homebrew channel, but it would either freeze up or not show any games. I also noticed sometimes when the...
  13. Naimlessone

I thought it may be a problem back when I was planning this in my head and i ordered a couple extra so I'll give that a try and see what happens.
  14. Naimlessone

Heya peeps, Starting a worklog to get some help with my first serious attempt at a Wii portable. I have a pretty solid idea of what I want to do; nothing fancy, just a simple portable to play some classic GameCube titles on, so no Wii functionality. Here's what I plan to incorporate: Custom...
  15. Naimlessone

Portablizing BOM

Does anyone have any info on why the 3.5" screen in the list doesn't seem to have any menu adjustment buttons? Didn't realize that there weren't any on it until yesterday. Not really a huge deal, I just found that odd that there wasn't any.
  16. Naimlessone

Worklog Identifying a Wii's Revision Based off of Serial Numbers

Black Serial #: KU40275075[6] Revision: C/RVK-CPU-01 This one had a problem running through the Cheese installer. Tearing it down to connect a GC controller port to it to run the MMM.zip package. Here's hoping it works!
  17. Naimlessone

Thanks man! Well, after checkingit out this morning as I stayed home from work due to the weather we're having in the northeast US, I saw that my molds had shrunk quite a bit and, especially in the middle of the the longer sides, tended to warp into the inside of the case. I had this issue...
  18. Naimlessone

Little update: My plastic ABS sheets came in the mail on Tuesday. 24"x16"x1/16" thick. So I cut them in half to 12"x16" sheets and built a couple frames to hold them out of 1/2" aluminum angle stock and some 90 degree flat brackets. Then I built the vacuum box to fit just inside if the verticle...
  19. Naimlessone

Post your workstation!

ah yes, the victim corner lol
  20. Naimlessone

Ghosts SSWiiT Revitalized