Search results

1. moonDoctor

Discussion Well doggone, PowerA beat me to it

Oh jeez, now 8bitdo is doing this attachment thing that not only converts the controller to Bluetooth but also adds some missing buttons! Crazy!
  2. moonDoctor

Worklog JoyBird: a Switch Wavebird

What is a keypad matrix? That is a term i havent run into before. I assume you mean some sort of programming rather than relying on the presence or lack of signal? Will this interfere with using the GCc pcb as a non-powered slave? (this is something i was going to explain my theory next)...
  3. moonDoctor

Okay, I promised a few images so here goes: Fig-B Ive dremeled out a matching left side of the Ggc pcb and mounted a squishy tact (pulled from wavebird) I cannibalized the zR spring catch and tact back support flange (see Fig-D for closer look) as well as the zR hinge "cup" with backing ribs...
  4. moonDoctor

(TL: DR joycon guts+ Wired GameCube pcb + wavebird case) Foreword: I absolutely hate wires as i have a propensity to unplug them, thus I loved my wavebird. While i began with an Original Gameboy, i fell in love with the GameCube's hand friendly controller. But alas, Nintendo despite being super...
  5. moonDoctor

Wavebird Inside A Wired Gamecube Controller

! I literally just realized that i can try to do this once I'm done with my joy-bird mod because I'll have an extra set of wavebird innards! Ooh I'm excited!
  6. moonDoctor

Discussion Well doggone, PowerA beat me to it

https://www.powera.com/us/gamecube/ Here I was ready to start my worklog about my joycon/wavebird combo I've lovingly dubbed the JoyBird, and PowerA has beat me to the punch announcing this today: I'm excited that someone finally made a GCN wireless for us casuals (c'mon Nintendo, Wavebird 2)...
  7. moonDoctor

Question How to use 3DS sliders?

to clarify, i hadn't intended to alter anything about the joycon besides the slider swap but i also haven't measured the parts either. This idea came to me a few weeks ago and that's as far as I've taken it because of this issue described. Sorry Splain, not trying to hijack your thread. I'll...
  8. moonDoctor

Question How to use 3DS sliders?

I am also interested in how to use a slider but it pertains to adding a tact under it similar to modern gamepads (switch). My goal is an ultra slim switch joycon using the 3ds sliders in place of sticks. For reasons of stubborn personal choice I'd like to keep it functioning in this way and, if...
  9. moonDoctor

Acrylic vs polycarbonate

Shank is correct about the break resistance advantage of polycarb and that it scratches worse than a dog with fleas, but not quite on the lasering stuff (i use a ULS X660 every day at work). Might i offer my 6 years expertise in the family business on this info: Plastics from the pvc family will...
  10. moonDoctor

Great at takedowns. Just starting to learn how to put things back together

Great at takedowns. Just starting to learn how to put things back together
  11. moonDoctor

Question Questioning the possibility of turning a Gamecube controller into a Joy Con, need help from veterans

I forgot to mention in my initial post about all the extra inputs to add into a gcn. You need a photo capture, +, -, sync, two thumb stick presses and a second Z on the left. Here's my rough cut for my second Z
  12. moonDoctor

Question Questioning the possibility of turning a Gamecube controller into a Joy Con, need help from veterans

I have always held the wavebird near and dear to my heart and i wanted to have it ready for when small ultimate comes out in Dec. The rails thing is totally a cool way to go but part the above reason and part necessity driven by a mishap when converting my joycon to BassTop's atomic purple...
  13. moonDoctor

Just joined minutes ago because two reasons: I am doing this exact project (first time padhacker) but minus the rails thing, and second this site is full of so much good information. My end goal is to stuff the guts of my joycons and a joycon charge grip (needed to recharge the joycon batteries...