Search results

1. Ibprofen98

Question SNES heat sinks and such

I am just curious if anyone on here has knowledge in this area. I am back to work on my SNES portable. The two questions I have are: 1. Can I just use the 7805 step down regulator if I put a proper heat sink on it or will it get too hot? 2. I am not planning on including any kind of fan, and...
  2. Ibprofen98

Worklog IBP'S Yet-to-be-named Portable

Hey all! Going to finish my SNESP as soon as possible and then I will compete in this competition! I don't want to reveal quite yet what my idea is, I'm pretty stoked about it, honestly. :D Good luck to everyone!
  3. Ibprofen98

Acrylic vs polycarbonate

Hey all. So I purchased the plexiglass (acrylic) that iput in my case front at my local glass and plastic supply store, and the things they had was 1/8, which meant the edges didn't line up due to different thicknesses. I asked if they had anything thinner and they said that was the thingsth...
  4. Ibprofen98

NES and SNES Classics for portables?

I just now stumbled across Nintendo's official NES and SNES classics, miniature versions of the original consoles. They work by emulation and have a library of games (30 on the NES, 20 on the SNES). This is old news now, I realize that, but I do not see anybody has posted anything about the...
  5. Ibprofen98

Golden Tee Golf Plug'N Play

I know this is a long shot, but my current SNES portable work in progress is based out of a Golden Tee Plug 'N Play game that looks like this: I would like to get another one to start over on the case or have a backup, but I'm not interested in spending $20 on Ebay to get one just for the case...
  6. Ibprofen98

Worklog IBP's SNES Portable

So I completed my first portable project back in 2015 after 4 years of not knowing what I was doing and finally figuring things out, and I started this in 2014 as part of a competition on the Bacman forums but ran in to major case issues. I'll post a bunch of pictures here of my progress and...
  7. Ibprofen98

Worklog The Cereal 64

For my first post here I am going to post some pictures and the super cringey video of my first portable system that I built way back in 2015 but was STARTED in 2011. I had absolutely no idea what it was I had gotten myself into, and so eventually, after I grew up a bit and took a break, i got...